Ewan McGregor & Melanie Laurent in Paris walking arms linked, holding hands = WTH

well i didn't know about the open marriage thing, i always thought he was married and that was that :lol: but if it's fine for both of them who am i to judge? i could never do it, but when Eve is ok with it...

Well then if it's know that their marriage is open then good for them. I still wouldn't be able to go there with a married guy but each to their own. I don't want to be too judgy.

But I must admit that I for one had never heard a thing about them being in an open marriage considering the loving way he goes on about her in every interview. It's the whole "Why go out for hamburgers when you've got steak at home".

Well then if it's know that their marriage is open then good for them. I still wouldn't be able to go there with a married guy but each to their own. I don't want to be too judgy.

But I must admit that I for one had never heard a thing about them being in an open marriage considering the loving way he goes on about her in every interview. It's the whole "Why go out for hamburgers when you've got steak at home".
maybe that's the clue in the first place, bb. :wink:
i'd be too if i had such a tolerant and open partner and if we'd both be satisfied with that status.

Last edited by a moderator:

I would love to know where people in this thread got that idea, I've been following his career for years, read his books, and never heard any hint of any sort of open relationship. Like i said before, is wife is know to be a little possessive. People that met him when she was around all speak of the fact that she does not let go of him. She even managed taken in his last bike trip, ruining the all idea of show in the process, but was really happy she was around. He's always waxing lyrical about being a real family man, his marriage and he was sick with worry when he almost lost his wedding ring.

ditto. it's a news to me too, and yeah, from his behavior when around his wife, i'd never in a million years would've thought they're in an open marriage, then again..who knows what happens inside their 4 walls at the end of the day...

if they aren't in open marriage and he indeed is having an affair, then it's safe to assume he'll tank in my eyes totally by doing it and so blatantly open at it... :(

I would love to know where people in this thread got that idea, I've been following his career for years, read his books, and never heard any hint of any sort of open relationship. Like i said before, is wife is know to be a little possessive. People that met him when she was around all speak of the fact that she does not let go of him. She even managed taken in his last bike trip, ruining the all idea of show in the process, but was really happy she was around. He's always waxing lyrical about being a real family man, his marriage and he was sick with worry when he almost lost his wedding ring.

Yeah I wouldn't let go of him either :wink: Actually I might well ... I personally have an expectation that a man be able to keep it zipped and let his 'big head' do the thinking.

All I can say is thank God he still has his wedding ring :rolleyes:

Exactly Les Sucettes. Remember how after her divorce Nicole Kidman was all over Ewan during the MR promo but he never gave any indication that he interested whereas this time he and his co-star are walking arm links holding hands.

Yeah I wouldn't let go of him either :wink: Actually I might well ... I personally have an expectation that a man be able to keep it zipped and let his 'big head' do the thinking.

I know it was "no pun intended" but Knowing Ewan...:lol:

Well i wouldn't let go of him either.:wink::innocent:

Well there are rumours him and his wife have an open marriage. :innocent:

silly me, i thought he was the coolest actor ever... good husband and father... this cannot be healthy for the kids' sake....

I'm sorry but I doubt they're friends.

Same here it's their body language and the way she looked at him in one photo. Even if he's in an open relationship I find a lot of open relationship couples (not poly) are ok with the understanding just as long as no one falls for the person or for the outside relationship to go beyond sex and turn to real feelings and love.

Ewan can't be a good husband and father if he is in an open marriage? Him and his wife decide what the terms of their marriage consist of. Has for being a good father, he seems like a good one. He never has famewhore his kids and sues anybody who prints photos of his kids.

The only problem I have is that Ewan is private but why is he so touchy feely with Melanie in public and on set?? Not good.

What?! There are certain things that come before your own personal happiness when you have a family, such as responsibility to your spouse and kids.

I think kids can´t be happy if parents are not happy together. Ofcourse it is hard and takes time to get thru s*it but after it everything gets better.

^ We don't have any idea about the happines of Ewan McGregor's married life, there's certainly no reason to assume there's some problem with it. If they have an open relationship then it's no ones place to judge him for extramarital affairs, and frankly I still think there's no way those pics suggest he and Melanie are anything other than friends :ninja:

The only problem I have is that Ewan is private but why is he so touchy feely with Melanie in public and on set?? Not good.
To be fair, walking out of a theatre in Paris isn't exactly where they'd expect to be photographed. Melanie lives in Paris and I've yet to ever see a candid of her - I suppose they assumed they weren't being photographed. The pics are very grainy which makes me suspect that they were taken from quite a distance. Perhaps he had no idea there was a photographer about.

^ We don't have any idea about the happines of Ewan McGregor's married life, there's certainly no reason to assume there's some problem with it. If they have an open relationship then it's no ones place to judge him for extramarital affairs, and frankly I still think there's no way those pics suggest he and Melanie are anything other than friends :ninja:

I was just saying that if parents are not happy together then it will affect to the kids and because of that people need to do things that makes them happy (ofcourse think their kids too!) BUT I was not saying there were problems in his marriage.

^ There seems to be a lot of misunderstandings going on with how people are coming across. Someone quoted me and said I was being judgy and holier than thou. You would think I said that he was in fact sleeping with her and I was ready to give him a scarlet letter for it, :lol:. All I said was that I thought the actions were inappropriate, it didn't come off as innocent and came off as suspect. I also added my feelings if I was in that position. I had to go back and read what I wrote to make sure I wasn't being that way, because that's not the type of person I am, at all. And I don't think that I was being like that. But this seems to be a touchy subject. And I think it's because of the people involved.

But if they have an open marriage, which I didn't know before, that changes things. If his wife is OK with that, then hey, it's fine. It's something they agreed on.

Woah, open marriage ? I always wonder how those things can actually work :blink: Logically, in some ways I can wrap my head around it... but then when it comes down to it in reality.. :unsure: I guess you have to be a very secure, independant person or something!

Not that you can tell much by the pictures, but I agree, there's something in their body language/ way she is looking at him that seems to give you that impression....

Ewan can't be a good husband and father if he is in an open marriage?
I think some people do not understand what an open relationship is.
They probably think only men can benefit from this kind of arrangement and thus that only desperate women would agree to give their husbands a 'cheating pass' (and many do, but that's not an open relationship, that's a dysfunctional relationship).
Even more people cannot understand that sexuality and love are two different things, and while these two work best together (and certainly, you usually have the best sex with somebody you love) they are not a package deal.

Regarding the McGregor marriage: if they are honest, truthful and communicative with each other, if both are devoted to the other, if their kids can see them genuinely happy when they are together and if theirs is a relationship of equals, then they are probably the best spouses and parents that they can be.

Maybe I'm naive but these pictures don't prove anything to me. They are just holding hands! If there were kissing pictures, everything would be clear but now, at least for me, it's still a grey zone. Just my humble opinion.

i dont understand what an open relationship is.... so, how can i understan open marriage?
either you are with someone or not. it is as simple as that, and if u settle for less, than i feel sorry for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->