Exhibit at Danish Design Centre : ”DANISH – framing the future of design”

Hanne

Storm & Sommer
Reaction score
I went yesterday..

From www.ddc.dk

New exhibition: Radical perspective on 'Danish design'Press release: 30 Maj 2005 NhEW PAD. A prototype for a nomadic housing unit. Design: COPENHAGENOFFICE SpeediCath. A catheter for women. The device takes up no more room in the purse than, say, a lipstick. Design: Allan Tanghøj for Coloplast A/S Orchid. A sculptural and aesthetic chair design that can make the office space more personal by adding a dynamic and untraditional touch. Magazine illustration where many different expressions are linked together. Design: Spild af Tid Wall Decoration. Long-shunned ornamentation is back in full bloom in this wallpaper. Ornamention has regained its status as an element of beauty! Design: Lene Toni Kjeld The Danish Design Centre's new exhibition ”DANISH – framing the future of design” offers a radical perspective on the concept of Danish design from a new generation of designers. The exhibition opens on 21 June at 4:30 pm and is open 22 June–13 November 2005

What is the role of Danish design in the 21st century? This is hotly debated, not least during the Design Year 2005, but few are properly prepared for the discussion.
The Danish Design Centre's big event in connection with the Design Year 2005 is the exhibition "DANISH - framing the future of design". The exhibition offers a radical new perspective on the concept of Danish design. A new generation of Danish designers are emerging, with design characterised by powerful aesthetics, social awareness and new expressions, including product design and graphic design, modern communication design and solutions to complex challenges concerning sustainability.
The exhibition includes some 100 of the latest and most groundbreaking products. This is where we find the boldness and the experimentation with form, material and messages that it takes to be avant-garde and, in the long run, create tomorrow's innovation and design classics. Some exhibits are brand-new and have been created especially for DANISH; others are in production and already have a strong market position.
Exhibition curator is Henrik Most, exhibition architect is Louise Campbell in collaboration with Thomas Bentzen and Jacob Manz, Danish Design Centre.
The five exhibition spheres
Design influences our lives – from shaping the public space to affecting the way we create and live out our private dreams. From we pick up the toothbrush in the morning till we set the alarm and go to bed at night. Therefore, DANISH is divided into five thematic spheres. Here are a few examples of exhibition items from each sphere:

OUTERNATIONAL: In the public space we are all ”on display”, communicating messages and attitudes to each other. We are surrounded by design: Signage, logos, information stands, ads, even bus tickets and cities are branded. For example:
∑ PUMA: Designer bicycle created by Puma International and Biomega. A new category of bicycle, functional and beautiful and with innovative design elements such as partial collapsibility (perfect for city life: from lift to subway to office).
∑ Copenhagen Office: A nomadic living module (Design: Tanja Jordan, Peter Gamborg, Simon Ingvartsen)

HELP ME HELP YOU: Traditionally, rehabilitation and medical design has had a tendency to seek to cover up and depersonalise problems, but today's designers work with more expressive and individual design. For example:
∑ Cheetah: Wheelchair with funky design for children, with extreme manoeuvrability that enables play and action (Manufacturer: R82. Design: 3PART designteam)
∑ SpeediCath: Catheter for women, designed with great sensitivity towards a lifelong problem. The catheter resembles other personal hygiene and beauty products that a woman carries in her purse. (Manufacturer: Coloplast. Design: Allan Tanghøj)

I took some pictures from the exhibit:

pict21430dz.jpg

more from HELP ME HELP YOU

pict21506yu.th.jpg

My-Sound PSA 500 - 2005
A personal amplifier. People with reduced hearing should not be viewed as patients; this is one of the reasons that this amplifier is not avaiable from the doctor, but at an eyeglass shop. Synoptik.
Design : Designit A/S Producent/Manufacturer Microsound A/S

pict21553ei.th.jpg

The Helping Hand
User-oriented design in the form of an intelligent pill dispenser which uses discreet audio and light signals to remind the user when it is time to take the medicine.
Design: Bang & Olufsen - Medicom A/S - Designet A/S

pict21530sc.jpg

pict21542td.jpg

Woman, shape thy body 2003

Jewellery design in the shape of a "third breast". Critical comment on the many options for artificial body modifications avaiable to us today. By Katrine Borup

Last edited by a moderator:
HELP ME HELP YOU

Designs by Anna Gulmann A/W 2005 Fashion for Blind Collection

The collection was inspired by the fact that Anna Gulmann's muse, Kristy, had gone blind.

Story-inside-cape, Scattered Eyelashes print skirt, Blind Man's buff accessory and I-Draw-Doodle skirt

pict21588qp.jpg

pict21572fl.jpg

pict21613vt.jpg

YOU BETTER WORK: The workplace has become an important venue for self-realisation, and we demand original surroundings that stimulate creativity and innovation. For example:
∑ The living workplace - 10 dogma: Discussion instrument for a better
working life and greater creativity (Design: Bosch & Fjord)

pict21279mc.jpg

∑ Orchid chair: An example that office furniture too should be aesthetic and capable of stimulating physical and mental relaxation. Being at work should be just as pleasant as being at home. (Design: Christian Flindt)

pict21374ct.th.jpg

pict21195gl.th.jpg

Split

"Is it gravity pulling u apart? Or is it gravity holding us together?" Split is a chair that invites you into a convesation.
Design: Gopingpong.

pict21391tj.th.jpg

Take-Away Communion Box
The communion box meets today's demand for flexibility and individual adaptation - if we won't come to the church, the church will come to us.
Design: Souvenix

pict21231cb.jpg

Dictatorship of the textile 2003

An innovative approach to the carpet design has resulted in a playful and relaxing "recliner" for a break from work. A personal design that breaks up the anonymous office space.
Design : Pernelle Fagerlund

BLAH. BLAH. BLAH: In communication design, graphics, illustrations, fashion design and music videos Danish design Danish design has abandoned the old formula of discreet design, whose primary goal is function and substance. For example:
∑ Switching: Interactive novella film (Design: Oncotype)
∑ Spild Af Tid (Waste of Time:( Young design firm that has gained access to prime-time and massive exposure with graphics for TV shows, a music video for the chart-topping band Nephew etc.

pict21686ka.jpg

pict21718ey.th.jpg

The Totem Collection Spring/Summer 2005

Outfit. The style is avant-garde and experimental, but the clothes are also characterised by a high degree of usability and a casual, sometimes "street"-inspired approach to clothing in form and materials.
Design : Helle Mardahl

HOME SWEET HOME: The home is today’s shelter from a maddeningly globalised world. Mass-produced design has been given an individual touch with an emphasis on humour, history and critical content. For example:
∑ Vrang! (Purl!). Knitting book and knitwear design for a scarf that the audience can continue to knit. Needlework and calm leisure pursuits signal a slow pace in contrast to the ever accelerating society. (Publisher: Oxygen. Design: Jesu, Jette Tosti, Sus Borgbjerg)

pict20845sn.th.jpg

∑ Wallpaper design. Decoration and crafts show that the unique has a new renaissance in the home. (Design: Lene Toni Kjeld)

pict20838nt.th.jpg

pict20875da.jpg

Illustration 2005 - A comment on women's relationship to shoes, where the main purpose is showing off, prestige and decoration - a parallel to men and their automobiles.

pict20777vc.jpg

pict20787qq.jpg

more HOME SWEET HOME

pict20754aa.th.jpg
pict20760aa.th.jpg

pict20728or.th.jpg
pict20717zi.th.jpg
pict20703kk.th.jpg

A ceramic tableau that challenges the common perception of the porcelain figurine, which is usually something pretty and non-threatening . Design : Louise Hindsgavl

pict20889lp.jpg

Spell it out 2001 - Finger ring. By Kim Buck

pict20907av.jpg

Gold Brooch 2004 - Inflatable gold heart in vending machine. by Kim Buck

pict20933cz.jpg

Gold Heart 2001 - Pendant. Jewellery that comments on our notion of jewellery. The heart is as an icon and as a human organ. By Kim Buck

wow, hanne, thanks for sharing!:heart:
i love the legs on hangers^_^

more HOME SWEET HOME
pict20954vr.jpg

SPUN - 2003 Chaise longue in carbon fibre. A new idea for light and strong furniture. The unbroken carbon fibre is spun by a robot arm over computer-controlled form.

pict21750vn.jpg

pict21044ln.th.jpg
pict21058kt.th.jpg

I couldn't for the lift of me figure out were this garment belonged..maybe OUTERNATIONAL ... Tonya Harding was on display afterall.. Dress by Peter Jensen.

pict20995cb.jpg

pict21003kt.jpg

Dress spring/summer 2005. Inspired by the American figure skater Tonya Harding. Design Peter Jensen

Lucky for all of us..this wasn't sold out..

pict21874lf.jpg

pict21884dm.jpg

ooooohhhh this looks cool....I'm a little too slow to understand it all right now....I'll revisit after my coffee.................

What are the things strapped on the woman that look like plungers??

ETA--empathy is currently sold out:lol: I love it!!!!!!!!

and I forgot to say thank you Hanne:flower:

purechris said:
ooooohhhh this looks cool....I'm a little too slow to understand it all right now....I'll revisit after my coffee.................

What are the things strapped on the woman that look like plungers??

ETA--empathy is currently sold out:lol: I love it!!!!!!!!

and I forgot to say thank you Hanne:flower:

Thank you Chris.
The little yellow thumbnails explain the images.. I guess I should have said that earlier :doh:

Oops the thumbnails don't work :doh: ..I'll edit them

thanks.....

.......I can't read them....or make them larger:doh: and I'm too hungover to try:ninja:

I went a couple of weeks ago, it was much smaller than I thought. The upstairs exhibition seemed a bit random.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->