Expensive Skin Care

Chanel skin care line, anyone who uses it and can tell me how it is ?

The reviews weren't that good which surprises me considering it's Chanel and
the SKYHIGH prices !

^^^ I used the Chanel skin care line (the Precision line) before I graduated to la prairie and after graduating from Clinique..

I found no advantage of the Chanel over the Clinique.It is not worth the extra price.The black and white packaging is beautiful and it looks good in your cupboard,but that's about it.

And in gerneral...
I think that when you are younger (under 25 anyway) you don't need to use an expensive skin cream.And your skin is probably good,so you won't "notice a difference" if you used a more expensive cream.

Far more important are things like daily sun protection,not smoking,no yo-yo weight loss (repeat those three a few hundred times) and good diet and hydration.You skin's own elasiticity and repair mechanisms are enough if you don't overload them at this stage...and creams applied at this age is not going to be protecting your skin after 30!

I think late 20's/early 30's is a good time to start anti-ageing stuff and more luxurious things.

*sigh*....nothing's really going to prevent your first wrinkle,of course...:innocent:

while its true you cant reverse any signs of aging permanently, you can temporarily plump your skin. i use CDLM for the winter months, its cold in NYC! but for the summer, i use spf30 based day cream and a light night cream like aquafusion or hydra wear (thicker than aquafusion but lighter than CDLM) for the fall and spring.

also dont forget to use eye cream, as the undereye area has very thin skin (so does your neck and decolletage) so use heavy emollient cream for the thin skin.
face wash--you should never spend money on, its just soap and it washes right off. just use a gentle exfoliator once/week. i like origons microdermabrasion in a jar...its only 30 bucks and its lasted me 6 months and counting.

I bought Hydramax Cream ( Chanel ).
At first it felt really good, it absorbed into the skin perfectly. I got that
mosterizing boost I needed, as my skin is dry and sensitive.
But on the third day ( today ) I noticed I'm starting to get these small
bumps on my forehead.

My skin has been nice for a long time now, and suddenly I got these
bumps. I don't know if it was the cream that caused it, but I'm
not willing to continue using this cream anymore.

Better safe than sorry.

S.

Golden_butterfly said:
Chanel skin care line, anyone who uses it and can tell me how it is ?

The reviews weren't that good which surprises me considering it's Chanel and
the SKYHIGH prices !

I happen to use the Age Delay serum and day/night cream, lotion for day during summer. I like it a lot, but Chanel's skincare seems to work very well for some, very badly for others; almost no neutral people when it comes to Chanel.

But to be honest I don't think there are "miracle creams" even though some swear by CDLM and Shiseido's Future Solution. I want to believe though...

I got a small sample of Future Solution and it did seem nice, I'm tempted to actually buy it and try it for a longer time... Lena claims that it's absolutely working, and I do trust her judgement... I've met her, and she did seem to have good skin...

aww thanks tott.. Future Solutions Rule :wink:

:heart: my new skin care obsessions :
*Valmont neck cellular restoring Cream
*Valmont lip repair

Last edited by a moderator:
Lena said:
Future Solutions Rule :wink:

And you keep saying it...!

I'll probably go to Milan next month, I might buy a jar then I think. I certainly won't do it here in Stockholm, everything is so expensive! :ninja:

as the director of a skin care brand, I can tell you that the most expensive is not always the best.
it is always a good idea to check the ingredients on the packaging before you buy.

amino acids, Elastin, hyaluronic acid, Glycosaminoglycans, collagen, etc.
can all be good for you , make sure you check the source of these ingredients.
for example collagen from plants is not as good as say.. collagen from animals.
the same with hyaluronic acid.

and what's the point of buying something just because the top is made of real silver ?? that's not going to help improve your skin condition.

Take care before you spend your money.

tott, have you tried Valmont or MD ?
btw you are right, Italy is the best place to get your Future Solutions, it's so much cheaper there..

*welcome to tFS Neil, do u work in the industry?

Lena

thanks for the welcome .

yes, i am the director of plazan skin care.
we sell a range of skin care products around the world.

For me, La Mer's Oil Absorbing Lotion and Eye Balm are worth every penny. I'm something of a freak when it comes to my skin - so paying a little bit more on skincare isn't a problem. :blush:

i dont much care ofr expensive skin care ..making them naturally is a better option .. and they definitely work.

Sandalwood or Neem paste for pimples etc

Lena said:
tott, have you tried Valmont or MD ?
btw you are right, Italy is the best place to get your Future Solutions, it's so much cheaper there..

*welcome to tFS Neil, do u work in the industry?

I had never heard of either... :ninja:

I googled, and they sound good. Maybe I buy the Valmont marketing more easily than MDs... :wink:

I don't really follow what's happening in the world of skincare, but I'm always interested to hear about products and results...

And skincare is certainly cheaper in Italy, but also in Germany! This makes me wonder why it's so expensive in our countries?! I guess it's simply a lot of bizarre taxes... It usually is... :blink:

Companies only make expensive skin care products because people will buy them. Vitamin E oil works very well.

oh no, i dont think its that simple simone..
some (not all) products totally deserve their money
skincare is one thing i indulge in total luxury

tott, i also prefer valmont as i said, lip cream is great they also have some good masks

*tried La Prairie Caviar, it's actually very good
has anyone else tried that?

I use La Mer only on winter months.

Btw, anyone using Sisley here?

Acid said:
it comes in different sizes Lena.........it can also come with a solid silver lid.......so the price can vary dramatically :wink:

yes that true, i watched yesterday Today's Hottest Supermodels, they said kate moss use this cream name La Mer on her face and body http://www.cremedelamer.com/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY5778&PRODUCT_ID=PROD2459.

naomi campbell use revives skincare http://www.reviveskincare.com/.

Today's Hottest Supermodels Monday Oct. 24 11:30/10:30c AM

Anyone here heard about the Freeze 24/7 Cream? It's using GABA to smooth out wrinkles, or something...

There also those Micro Solutions from Chanel.

Anyone ever tried one of those?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->