Eyeliner

Forgot to say that it´s by Loreal

loreal-perfection-superliner.jpg

I have really light skin and eyes, so can't go too obvious on eyeliner. But I have really dark hair, which benefits from some eyeliner. What works for me best - after trying a lot of types... is to have a very thin brush and use very dark cool brown powder eyeshadow. I put a drop of water on the shadow, swirl it around and then very carefully just touch the brush to the top of my lashes where they meet the skin.. and do that across the eye. I let the weight of the water kind of set the line.. you don't really see it above the lash line, it just flows kind of around your lashes (doesn't get in my eyes) and deposits the pigment. And dries very fast.

So that's it for me, *watercoloring* is what works.

trean said:
L'oreal liquid Eyeliner is good :P :wink:

:heart: ditto! i LOVE the Lineur Intense - BUT with the Bristle Brush - can't stand the felt brush.
This has been my HG for years - and it lasts so long (in the tube) and never ever smudges or creases!

Last edited by a moderator:
Erin said:
I haven't put much money into my eyeliners, but I want a BLACK black eyeliner. I just use Avon's gel pencils now, but the black isn't black enough. Does anybody have any recommendations?

gotta recommend L'oreal's Lineur Intense in Very Black (or whatever's their blackest black). i use the bristle brush version.. don't know if the felt tip is as black.

DIor Style Liner is what people swear by. This is the next one I'm going to buy

Anyone got any recommendations for a superfantastic long lasting blue (or other funky coloured ..... people still say funky, right?) kohl liners? I keep getting bombarded by images of Anna Sui kohl liners, so I'm thinking of getting that, but there in lies a problem (or two:(
a) I do not have a store that carries Anna Sui within a 400 mile radius
b) I have not tried them out, so I don't know how good they are
But yeah, any recommendation would be good, and it doesn't have to be high-ended brands, ANYTHING will do...

I've got super fair skin and dark green eyes. They're a really wierd shape, very slanted and almond (much more so than even most asian eyes, but I have a crease!) I would like to wear eyeliner, but I can never find one that doesn't look super harsh on me, even brown and plum look harsh. Is there a smudgy soft liner anyone can reccomend for me?

Have you tried using a pencil instead of a liquid liner.
Draw a line with a pencil and then smudge a bit using a Qtip.

With green eyes i would go for a brown or a grey, a metal grey would also look really nice. Lancome Khol is great! :wink:

^ yes, I only use pencil and I'll definitely look for the Khol when I go to sephora on my birthday! (2 days hehe)
Thanks!

i have green eyes and chestnut brown hair..which is the best eyeliner colour that would suit me? ive tried black but i want to experiment with other colours but im worried theyll look bad on me

Hey,
I have recently bought a cake liner in the hope that I would be able to draw a perfect line with that, but have used it only dry till now, which undoubtedly looks awesome, but have simply no clue as to how to use it wet, am i supposed to add water in it directly or is there any other way out coz i want to use it both dry n wet.

mais said:
i have green eyes and chestnut brown hair..which is the best eyeliner colour that would suit me? ive tried black but i want to experiment with other colours but im worried theyll look bad on me

i have the same eye colours you should use brown, peach or green :flower:

I love maybelline smudge proof mechanical eyeliner, wet n wild, and I often use black eyeshadow as liner because it's he easiest to work with!!

^ Definitely. It saves some of the time of smudging for a smoky look.

I know this eyeliner style is fairly "normal" but I'm just wondering what medium (pencil, gel, etc.) I could use to get this look, and how exactly to do it so it looks like this!! ...and any product suggestions for it? thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone please tell me how to do the trademark Nicole Richie liner flick?

I was wondering if anyone has tried Maybelline's Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. Also a lot of people have been recommending L'oreal's Lineur Intense. I was wondering if it's smudge proof and water resistant because I'm looking for something that doesn't run and get all yucky by the end of the day. Thanks!

l4ur3n* said:
I was wondering if anyone has tried Maybelline's Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner. Also a lot of people have been recommending L'oreal's Lineur Intense. I was wondering if it's smudge proof and water resistant because I'm looking for something that doesn't run and get all yucky by the end of the day. Thanks!
I have, the maybelline one isn't bad. Get the kind that's a felt tip... it's soo much easier to put on than a brush. I use it for my eyebbrows sometimes when I have time (I have drawn on brows) and it's important that the makeup doesn't smudge or I'd have big blotches for brows! It's pretty good and not very expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->