F/W 03.04 Denim Trends

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Spacemiu, Aug 31, 2003.

1. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

For fall we are seeing

Double Button Waist Bands

Light and Greyish Washes

Return to classic five pocket

Straight and Flared leg (not alot in between)

Experimentation with fabric

Trouser pockets on Front

Cargo Pockets on Back

Best pics for fall Paper Denim and Cloth, Levis Premium, Juicy Couture

2. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

thanks so much for the info space! I really like the double waist band but haven't seen any that come in my size. I just bought a fall pair of jeans they are ultra-dark denim with basically no wash with a low-rise (not bum showing or anything) and straight leg by Seven. Not really what you listed but i love them and there's something truly classic about dark denim. ;)

3. utopia

utopia ingenue

thanks, spacemiu B) I'm wishing I could find some proper flared jeans that 1) do NOT have spandex in them and 2) are not "treated". I just want some plain dark flared jeans and no one seems to have them, except for earl, which is just a little too expensive for me. :cry:

4. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

Mehg your jeans sound perfect, I should have added dark classic darkd enim is definetly in

Utopia for you tryed Tk Max, you are in the uk right?

5. utopia

utopia ingenue

ot: I'm still stateside, I hav 3 weeks till I'm back in the uk. we do have tj maxx here, which is the same as tk maxx... but I never have much luck there. I think I'm going to just get the earls anyway, even if I can't afford it. :doh:

6. LolitaLuxe

LolitaLuxe Vision of Paradise

exactly-utopia i feel the same. except earls dont fit me :eek: im wayyyy too small for them! :blink: i dont wear jeans too often but if i do i like them plain and slightly flared, w/ low rise. i hate stretch jeans for some reason. i do like marc and levis jeans.

thanks for the update space.

7. Meg

utopia, i don't know how well they fit you but the sevens i have might do the trick depending on dark you like your jeans. they don't have stretch and have no ungainly wash or treatment to them. however i can't find them on any website. You might also try citizens of humanity because i know a lot their jeans come in stretch and non-stretch styles and they have some untreated ones. just a couple of suggestions. If not you might try the gap? i know some people don't like it but they have some good dark basics there.

8. utopia

utopia ingenue

ot: thanks for the suggestions. if I'm going to spend the money anyway, I'm going to try all outlets so they're very helpful. I didn't like gap jeans at all - stretch or no stretch, they seem to think all women are built with massive waistlines, huge bums, and an abnormally long bodies :shock: I'm going to saks tomorrow, so maybe at least I can try some different styles on. B) I'll also keep a look out for some sevens, though I don't know if saks carries them or not.

9. Meg

well women with massive waistlines and huge bums need somewhere to shop now don't we?! hehehe. :p

10. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

try Loehmann's...they have Earls for 40-50 dollars. http://www.loehmanns.com/index-flash.cfm

11. utopia

utopia ingenue

aww mehg I didn't mean that, I just meant not all women are built according to the gap! B) :flower:

12. Meg

haha it's alright! :lol:I was teasing. I actually don't buy my jeans from the gap but I thought I'd stick up for it :p

13. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

we love your body mehg! :flower: :lol:

14. Meg

:lol: haha thank-you :p :blush:

15. Murriel

Murriel New Member

I've been wearing Paper Denim & Co. jeans for a while now and I love them. However, I saw a girl the other day with great jeans on. They were Citizens of Humanity .As many of you know, 7 for all mankind was bought and apparently the old designers started this line. They looked awesome on and I can't wait to get myself a pair! ;)

16. pinkcouture

pinkcouture New Member

I've been living in my 7's jeans and Juicy jeans lately..I want a pair of Paper Denim and Cloth now!

17. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I know, I so need to pick up some myself. I have been putting it off, but I need a pair of sevens NOW....

18. Street_a_Licious

Street_a_Licious Active Member

Mixed FAbrics on Jeans? Erm, like,... No? I mean, it looks ****, I seen ppl wearing jeans, with the front being jeans fabric, the back being another one... it looks sick, and I do not mean, the great kinda sick... just...sick!
    But I go for Back Pockets in another color... I used the leather of an old classic LV Bag, cutted out the form of the back pocket and sewed it on... looks HOT! Girls like to touch that, (Guys too :huh: ... well, whatever...)

19. alexs

alexs New Member

Im trying to locate a shop where i can find Seven jeans for men in Montreal,Canada Im sure the place exists but so far i havent found it. You gals sure do seem to like that company :) anything look out for !?! or are they perfect jeans ? I sure hope they are with price they charge :cry:

20. FacesbyNiki

FacesbyNiki New Member

Thanks for the tips on jeans. I am new the this message board and so far I am really enjoying it. Thanks again. :p