Fall Of The House Of Versace

Christopher Kane was gonna replace her? I'll hate fashion the day that happens.

ilaughead said:
But wasn't there a rumor going around recently about Versace and Christopher Kane? I don't think Donatella is indispensible to the company whatsoever.

i'm not liking that pairing (christopher with versace) at all.
i'm usually not a versace fan, but i reasonably liked the spring 07 collection. if donatella keeps that up, i'll be happy.

Oh no....no Kane for Versace...! :shock:
He's a nice designer and did do a collection nostalgic of Gianni, but I think he lacks refinement and Versace cannot afford clutter.

Kane's S/S 07 was really pretty, I liked it. But he's just not Versace enough.

donatella has been whipping up some nice collections full of very interesting pieces. the problem is that versace advertising sucks. the styling, the the sets the poses... it can easily be escada or cache sometimes. they need an edgy campaign that will catch the eye of the cooler fashion-y girls while still remaining sexy and glamorous. they have kate moss but they use her horribly. this new campaign only reminds me of denise richards, and nobody wants to look like her.

Donatella can be replaced, she's not irreplaceable. She's really nothing special.

I would love to see Tom at Ver-Say-See...that would be hot.

Donatella is the only person for Versace, you just can't have anyone else.

I really agree the Versace needs better ads,and also think they really need an "it" bag. I love Versace and hope they keep getting more and more successful and become as big as they used to be.

Squizree said:
Donatella is the only person for Versace, you just can't have anyone else.

I could design a mean Versace collection.....:innocent::lol:

Christopher Kane was hired as a part-time consultant at Versace. Donatella wanted him on full-time but he needed to work on his own line as well.

Mutterlein said:
Christopher Kane was hired as a part-time consultant at Versace. Donatella wanted him on full-time but he needed to work on his own line as well.

Very interesting. So he basically is somewhat a part of the design team?
(I wish Donatella would consult me for collections:(ninja:

I read that Donatella hired 7 new designers to help her get Versace back on its feet, Kane was probably one of them.

Versace is not that hard to design, in my opinion. Well...current Versace. I could snap together a collection for Versace without even thinking...

Diorling just because you don't like Versace doesn't mean you can look down on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->