Fashion Promotional Videos

Melisande

Reaction score
I'd like to know more about the world of fashion PV's...is there a big market for them, do many brands use them? Any that have earned recognition? Who makes them? Their uses?

People close to me are involved in creating these--gorgeous--and I think it's got exciting potential as a medium for expressing fashion...like fashion photography but with movement and music :woot:

Any info in this area is appreciated... :flower:

Anybody...? :unsure:

I had never heard of them before seeing my friends make these, so I was wondering if it's still a new thing?

i honestly don't know what you are referring to...
promotional videos used for what...?
to show in stores?...

i'm not familiar..

Hee hee, thanks guys, I guess that answers my question! :P

Well, they're videos that are kind of like a cross between magazine editorials and music videos...they have atmosphere, a loose story...maybe about 20 min. long. The ones I know are for projecting in stores/ display windows and for promotional DVD's...

I wonder why they're not used more often...I guess because there isn't much money to be made out of them directly? I just thought artistic video is such a good medium for showing fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
ive actually thought about this before as well, and wondered why what, with the web and all, they aren't more common nowadays. melisande, is there a place i may go to see one of these such videos? im very interested to see how they are being used. i'm assuming they are much like the prada mini-movie?

fabien baron did alot of commercials for CK. The website should be up in the next month or two.

actually peter lindberg shot a CK commercial starring scarlett johansson..i saw the outtakes

well, now i take back what i said about the prada mini-movie...as that was in fact a CM when i suppose these fashion PVs are more focused on telling a story about the *clothes*..?

Hi Mishahoi!

I've never seen the Prada, sounds interesting. Well, the only ones I *know* about are all "teeny" brands...Untitled (Shibuya Mark City, basement) Me Jane (109) and Luca (Lumine Shinjuku). The Luca one is actually really gorgeous and artistically done, black and white, and with a dreamy feel, great location, camerawork and editing. I don't know if they still have it in their stores, I think it was "kikan gentei"....:( what a waste. I can PM you with more info. :flower:

please do! it sounds like a wonderful idea... can definitely give a stronger impression than just a still photograph...although much more expensive and harder work! :wacko:

Melisande said:
Hi Mishahoi!

I've never seen the Prada, sounds interesting. Well, the only ones I *know* about are all "teeny" brands...Untitled (Shibuya Mark City, basement) Me Jane (109) and Luca (Lumine Shinjuku). The Luca one is actually really gorgeous and artistically done, black and white, and with a dreamy feel, great location, camerawork and editing. I don't know if they still have it in their stores, I think it was "kikan gentei"....:( what a waste. I can PM you with more info. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suviriggs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->