Fashion Rocks Magazine

A.D.C.

Reaction score
I don't know if anybody has mentioned this, but anyways I picked up a copy of Fahion Rocks released as a special issue by Conde Nast to coincide with the concert. I actually liked it(besides the cover which has Beyonce and some rapper by Testino) the inside is filled with musicians everyone from Christina to Justin, The Killers to Courtney Love, as well as a few edits. Edit no. 1 is fashion inspired by different music eras grunge, punk, etc. it includes Gemma and Liya and some others shot be Demarchelier, although I have to add that it's more of a front book feature with text and small pictures rather than a editorial. Another feature includes Gisele, Karolina, Liya, Gemma, and Shalom with their favorite bands. Lily Cole has a layout with Marilyn Manson shot by Aldridge. And ton of other stuff. IMO it a good purchase, it's like Vogue only music-driven and youth-centric, two things that are desperatley missing in Vogue and one of my biggest problems with the mother publication, I wouldn't mind if it picked up a few hints on how to make it fun. from this issue.

fashionrocks06 dot com

Attachments

• FashionRocks06.jpg
    FashionRocks06.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 29
Beyonce looks bad....on the cover!! I guess u can`t look your best all the time.

beyonce looks nice, but not quite herself, its like they changed her face contures too much with the airbrush

melbguy said:

Foxx, Beyonce Star On Cover Of Fashion Rocks, New Style/Music Magazine

08.02.2006 7:03 AM EDT

Mag showcases music stars' styles, models' musical tastes.

When the devil crosses paths with pop music, Prada doesn't usually come into the equation.

But that and other unusual pairings take place in Fashion Rocks, a new magazine hitting stores Tuesday. The mag is the work of the creative team

Beyoncé and Jamie Foxx are on the first cover and will be featured in a behind-the-scenes set visit of their upcoming movie, "Dreamgirls" (see "Jennifer Hudson's 'Dream' Is Reality: R&B Album, Starring With Beyonce, Jamie Foxx"). The issue also has in-depth features on Elton John and Justin Timberlake and a sneak peek at Courtney Love's diaries.

(Click here to see models Gisele Bündchen, Karolina Kurkova and more with their favorite musicians, plus get a sneak peek of Beyoncé and Jamie Foxx on the first cover of Fashion Rocks.)

The annual publication, which formerly appeared as a free supplement with Vogue and other magazines, is tied to Fashion Rocks, a September 7 event at Radio City Music Hall, which will feature musical performances by Christina Aguilera, Beyoncé, Bon Jovi, Black Eyes Peas, Pussycat Dolls, Rihanna, Scissor Sisters and Kanye West. A two-hour special will air the following day on CBS.

A special section of the magazine called "Model Fans" is devoted to models meeting their favorite musicians, like Brazilian bombshell Gisele Bündchen meeting tattooed soul rocker Ben Harper.

"I know every song [of his] by heart — and backward," says Gisele, who arm-wrestled the multitalented artist during the photo shoot and flexed her muscles for him too.

And who knew Gisele could play a mean guitar? The Victoria's Secret star brought her guitar along to the photo shoot.

"She's a really good guitar player," Harper said. "Just watch. She'll put out an album, and it will be huge!"

Other creative pairings include supermodel Karolina Kurkova with Swedish group the Sounds and Glasgow's Franz Ferdinand with Australian model Gemma Ward.

Ethiopian queen Liya Kebede saunters down the streets of New York with English band Elbow, who joke about how normally they "have a terrible time dressing," said lead singer Guy Garvey. "It's just one more hassle."

Still, the photo shoot didn't go as badly as they'd expected, with the band actually enjoying the chic, preppy designs from Diesel and Penguin.

"I was led to believe fashion shoots are really intense, but it was real easygoing," Garvey said.

Another featurette focuses on supermodel Shalom Harlow, who was stoked to meet psychedelic rockers the Flaming Lips.

"People think fashion is the enemy of rock and roll," said lead singer Wayne Coyne, who favors Paul Smith, Calvin Klein and Hugo Boss suits, often slightly rumpled and worn with an undone bow tie. "Rock and roll is supposed to be authentic, pure, but I can think of someone, like a Johnny Cash, who really is an emblem of authenticity. The things he wore sometimes are what made him iconic in a way."

Here are some top models' current playlists, according to Fashion Rocks:

Gemma Ward's most-played songs
Franz Ferdinand - "Auf Achse"
Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds - "Where the Wild Roses Grow"
The Rolling Stones - "She's So Cold"
Nirvana - "About a Girl"
Ween - "Baby b*tch"

Liya Kebede's most-played songs
Elbow - "Station Approach"
Maroon 5 - "She Will Be Loved"
Bob Marley - "Redemption Song"
Kanye West - "Gold Digger"
Kelis - "Millionaire"

Gisele Bündchen's most-played songs
Ben Harper - "Excuse Me Mr."
Jack Johnson - "Banana Pancakes"
Coldplay - "Green Eyes"
Lauryn Hill - "Forgive Them Father"
Keane - "This Is the Last Time"

Shalom Harlow's most-played songs
The Flaming Lips - "Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt. 1"
Kate Bush - "Aerial Tal"
Roisin Murphy - "Ruby Blue"
Smog - "The Well"
Zero - "This World"

Karolina Kurkova's most-played songs
The Sounds - "Queen of Apology"
Warren G - "Regulate"
1 Giant Leap (featuring Michael Stipe and Asha Bhosle) - "The Way You Dream"
George Michael - "Flawless (Go to the City)"
Citizen Cope - "Sideways"

— Farrah Weinstein

For the included photos: Photos From "Vogue: Fashion Rocks"

This'll come as a supplement to Vogue and W won't it? Or do I have to hope I can actually find it on the newsstand? :unsure:

i heard that this is for sale and not a supplement its hideous though, the one of beyonce and usher was alot better, this looks more like a glamour cover. curious about the eds tho!

Last edited by a moderator:
Musical Direction - About this season's fashion influences.
Pics - Grunge: Lily Donaldson, Hye Park, ?, Hana S, Irina L, and Liya Kebede, Rockabilly: Lily D and Irina L, Glam Rock: Liya, Punk: Raquel Z and Lily D, Goth: Hana S

Sound Affects - Designers and favorite artists and bands: Marc Jacobs and Rufus Wainwright, Luella Bartley and M.I.A., Hedi Slimane and Phoenix.

She's With the Band - Models and fav bands: Shalom and Flaming Lips, Gisele and Ben Harper, Karolina K and The Sounds, Liya and Elbow, Gemma Ward and Franz Ferdinand.

Editors at Large - About The Editors.

Double or Nothing - About Outkast and their new movie.

Eds:

Lights, Camera, Action - Pics and short profiles of Fashion Rocks performers: Kanye West, John Legend, Common, Black Eyed Peas, Pussycat Dolls, Rihanna, Faith Hill and Tim McGraw, Jay-Z, Christina Aguilera, Scissor Sisters, Daddy Yankee.

Dear John - Interview with Elton John.

Dreamgirls - Article about the movie with Beyonce and Jamie Foxx.

Love Life - Article about Courtney Love and excerpts from an upcoming book.

...And She Can Sing! - Short profiles of three actresses who are singing in their movies - Drew Barrymore, Evan Rachel Wood, Lindsay Lohan.

This Just In - Article about Justin Timberlake.

Life Swap - Article about singers becoming designers, with models impersonating them, including Alex Wek as Missy Elliott, Sasha P as Eminem :smile:lol:smile:, Isabeli Fontana as J.Lo, Angela Lindvall as Gwen Stefani, Julia Stegner as Jessica Simpson, and Liya as Pharrell.

Beyond the Pale - Article about Marilyn Manson and Lily Cole and their movie.

My scans for it!

Beyond the Pale (Lily Cole, Marilyn Manson)

Life Swap (Models pose as celebs. So cute!)

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the newsstand issue before I knew that it was also a supplement, but I'm glad that I did because I counted 5 extra sections in the newsstand version.

Awh, this looks good. But I have yet to see it on the newsstands :( And I don't think I will be getting it as a supplement with any of my subscriptions....

polka_dot said:
This'll come as a supplement to Vogue and W won't it? Or do I have to hope I can actually find it on the newsstand? :unsure:

It came as a supplement with my Lucky subscription. I don't know if you can purchase it separate....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LouA
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->