Favorite Designer Monogram..

TheSoCalledPrep

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah... monogram items can be tacky. They can also be quite nice. But which one is your favorite? Even if you hate them, choose the least-detestable.

I voted "Other" for Chanel. I think Fendi's is the ugliest (seriously, what the hell?), and Louis Vuitton's is the tackiest.

Originally posted by AlexN@Aug 18 2004, 10:55 AM
I voted "Other" for Chanel. I think Fendi's is the ugliest (seriously, what the hell?), and Louis Vuitton's is the tackiest.
[snapback]337165[/snapback]​

I agree. It seems that LV and DB have been trying to out-tacky each other recently :blink:

went for Dior... don't ask me why

has anyone seen the jewelry for vuitton that has the diamonds laid out in the vuitton pattern...quite nice and quite pricey.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Aug 18 2004, 02:16 PM
has anyone seen the jewelry for vuitton that has the diamonds laid out in the vuitton pattern...quite nice and quite pricey.
[snapback]337330[/snapback]​

That actually doesn't sound too bad. But still, I'm so freakin' sick of LV right now. I'd have to give it a couple years before I could actually appreciate it. :wink:

I'm so sick of monograms right now, but if I had to choose it would be gucci.

Dior has a monogram?

I love Burberry's plaid print. I highly dislike Gucci's :sick:

Ok, I can't choose between Chanel and LV. I like Chanel because 1) it's not nearly as overused as the others and 2) the way the letters are positioned and the type of lettering they're done in is really tasteful. LV is going solely on the interlocking L and V, forget the little diamonds and flower things.

I chose "other" - my mom recently gave me a monogram Loewe messenger bag. It's the only monogram bag I own although I like it since theirs isn't so over-exposed.

Originally posted by Frostelized@Aug 18 2004, 10:31 PM
Dior has a monogram?

[snapback]337385[/snapback]​

Sure! those CD thingy's....

I can't vote on this as I think they're all absolutely grotesque.

oleg casssini...it's like chanel's logo....but instead of two c's ...it's interlocking OC...

my mom had a great bag in the 70's that was snakeskin and had a small gold OC logo hanging from the zip...i loved it so much back then...

i like the gold fendi buckle on some of their bags...

but i don't really like anything with an all-over logo print...

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 18 2004, 10:32 PM
oleg casssini...it's like chanel's logo....but instead of two c's ...it's interlocking OC...

my mom had a great bag in the 70's that was snakeskin and had a small gold OC logo hanging from the zip...i loved it so much back then...

i like the gold fendi buckle on some of their bags...

but i don't really like anything with an all-over logo print...
[snapback]337960[/snapback]​

His name along with others of that era, Halston, Scassi, Adolfo, et al, have become badly printed tags attached to the licensed dross. I hate licensed goods. :angry:

What do people think about the Goyard chevron? And Celine's monogram which bears a resemblance to Loewe Madrid.

At first I wasn't going to vote because they're all the same damn thing for the most part! Just use the first letter of each word, usually, and you've got yourself a logo!

I voted other for Chanel because at least they tend to only have one logo per item. And at least the interlocking C's is a bit creative?

Ah, I voted for Gucci, oh well, I do like it sometimes, on the sleeper bag for shoes I like it, on a purse, not so much. I also like Chanels, I think because even though they use it often, its not overdone. I also like the older Dior, I like Dior because they use the whole word, not just the initials

My favorites are Fendi and Gucci... Dior can be okay, but generally isn't. I also like Chanel's small use of logos, but I didn't think to include it because they don't make bags covered in CC :innocent:

Louis Vuitton :furious:

I think it's pretty surprising that Dior still has lots of votes on this one, since everyone is constantly dissing the use of logo's on shoes bags and clothes in general...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->