Favorite Model Quotes

sepia said:

Right on, Jan:lol:! She was the Star, she was the only reason I watched and it took her leaving to make me realize it!

I know right, and she was only on 10-15 minutes an episode. :lol:

Tightasyoulike said:
Blimey. If you search youtube as well as the documentary clip about 'moving places' when you search kate moss, theres also one titled 'kate moss wearing a helmet' which takes a bit of enigma out of her.
sad really, I love kate moss.

Awww bless. I love that clip!! I love where she goes 'Jefferson likes them like that', looks into the camera says 'dont you' and scrunches up her shoulders in the cutest way. But living in England you always did get clips of Kate even though she is very private. I mean she is the biggest model in the world and she is ours. But you just typed Blimey so you are probably English too :lol: Maybe it is just me. I have been model obsessed since I was 13. However, I can totally understand how her image would be shattered a bit when this helium like cockney voice comes out of a very bouncy good-time girl rather than the glamourous women she sometimes plays. The real Kate I think is not dissimlar to the life she showed in those very first Corinne Day photos in the Face all those years ago. At 15 she still had the exhuberance of her personality on display. I guess that has to be hidden now.

Yeah but the odd thing is, when kate moss is on the virgin advert she has a gorgeous voice and sounds rather posh.

masquerade said:
"I haven't seen the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, the Louvre. I haven't seen anything. I don't really care."

i hate tyra

in her defense (only cuz she seems to need it around here) she probably said that when she was 17. I mean I can't honestly picture her saying that now.

From Beverly Johnson:

"My husband was just OK looking. I was in labor and I said to him, 'What if she's ugly? You're ugly!'"

Hilairious!!!:D:D:D:D:D

luna1576 said:
in her defense (only cuz she seems to need it around here) she probably said that when she was 17. I mean I can't honestly picture her saying that now.
I'm 17 and I wouldnt say something dumb like that to the press. But she's human and people often say stupid things at the most inopportune moments.

amphrosyne said:
I'm 17 and I wouldnt say something dumb like that to the press. But she's human and people often say stupid things at the most inopportune moments.
I'm 15 and even I wouldnt say that- to anyone! It proves that even though she had a good idea with ANTM, she really isnt much more than a pretty face...

MakeUpJunkie said:
I'm 15 and even I wouldnt say that- to anyone! It proves that even though she had a good idea with ANTM, she really isnt much more than a pretty face...

You've got a point there. I was 17 once too and wouldn't dare, b/c even than I knew I would sound rather silly.

MakeUpJunkie said:
It proves that even though she had a good idea with ANTM, she really isnt much more than a pretty face...
I agree with you except for the "pretty face" part. I never liked her look. I dont think she came up with ANTM herself. Probably she asked her agent or something..

amphrosyne said:
I agree with you except for the "pretty face" part. I never liked her look. I dont think she came up with ANTM herself. Probably she asked her agent or something..

Either way it's not like it was hard, since all you see on tv are reality shows anyway. You just gotta have the time and some money. And Tyra has both. Nothing really original. I mean this isn't groundbreaking,great,intelligent,practically timeless like the Cosby Show or Oprah or Dateline or The Real World(1st few seasons). Same could be said about her as a model lacking those credits b/c nor is she Cindy,Naomi,Linda,Christy,Kate.

Last edited by a moderator:
A few quotes about Naomi, from an article Omi posted: :flower:

She's magnificent, a little marvel. I adore her. -- Azzedine Alaia

She's one of the most delightful girls I've ever worked with, one of my favorite models. No one else has such an amazing body. She makes clothes come alive. If I were a designer, I'd want to create all my clothes for her exclusively. She's so contemporary. - Scavullo

"You know they're like Superheros." -Tyson Beckford on the supermodel era

Who ever said male models were dumb?! :rolleyes:

Some quotes from todays 'Top Models':

"At school I got harassed so badly for being too tall, too thin, too pale - too everything that has gotten me where I am now, which is quite ironic." -Karen Elson on her looks [32]
"It's harder than you think it is ... It's a lot of long hours, a lot of traveling and a lot of being away from your friends and family." Heather Marks on modeling [33]
"I never really cared about what I looked like." -Gemma Ward on her looks [34]
"It's kind of like acting. Today you're a romantic woman; you think about "Romeo and Juliet." Another day, you're a little devil." -Izabel Goulart on modeling [35]
"With modeling, you are judged on your looks. It's easy to take that personally, but you have to realise that it's only your appearance that's being judged, not you as a whole. If you didn't, you'd be destroyed." -Jessica Stam on modeling
"Honestly, I wish I could've lived in their time. They had so much fun." -Liya Kebede on the supermodel era

This thread just needs to be revived, there are some real sweet quotes here and I'd love to see more. :flower:

There was a thread entitled "Favorite Designer Quotes" and I thought there would be a "Favorite Model Quotes" thread, but couldn't find it :huh:. So I thought I'd start one. There are many quotes on NYmag.com, when you go to Model Tracker.

Probably one of my most favorites are:
"Now every time I go to the dentist they always say, 'you really need to fix that gap of yours' I'm like, 'my gap is paying your dentist bills'" - Lara Stone, from i-D.

“Modelling is great, but studies came first.” - Lily Cole, FemaleFirst.

“Be patient. Be confident in yourself. Anything can happen if you really work at it. Never give up. It’s corny, but never give up.” - Karlie Kloss, Teen Vogue

“In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” - Sasha P., Vogue
^ :lol: too cute.

“I don't think of myself as pretty. I am what I am.” - Isabeli Fontana, askmen

What are you're favorite quotations by the models themselves??

Great idea for a thread.

“Maybe a few times my boobs have popped out of an outfit — but that happens.” Jourdan Dunn:lol:

Iekeliene Stange
"I was never really into fashion before being scouted in Holland. I was a little punk rocker with red dreadlocks, a nose ring, and covered in rainbow bracelets." Teenvogue.com

"You have to eat good! I eat gorgeous food. I eat sushi, I eat meat, I eat steaks. I eat more than you, I'm sure." New York magazine, February 26, 2007
by Tanya Dziahileva
"It's always something different and always something very interesting." Ftv.com by Maryna Linchuk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->