Fendi F/W 2020.21 Milan

I might be destroyed for saying that but if having a plus size model on a runway means make her look wider and shorter in a structured coat...Then maybe they should do without it. The other « everyday regular size » (the girl from VP I guess) looks so much better in her fluid dress...

Sophie Dahl and Crystal Renn, which were considered plus size at their time walked for Fendi and Chanel.

It doesn't help that Paloma is 5'7". I'm all for plus size models but preferably with great proportions.

It doesn't help that Paloma is 5'7". I'm all for plus size models but preferably with great proportions.
and there's still a long way to go, I recognized this model from the Prabal Gurung and Eckhaus Latta shows, before her the only plus size model seen on major shows was only Ashley Graham. The models on this runway were all a little bit more curvalicious.

Goosebumps. I'm so over joyed by this. It seems like Sylvia just brushed off all the doubts about her ability to lead womenswear department and she sure does. This is extremely fabulous. Those gold-plated handle Peekaboo. A little alternation yet super chic and desirable. Only Fendi can come up with that. What I love the most though about Fendi is that they are a luxury house at heart and even when they want to be young, they never lose the sense of that. And the quality of their product does reflect that too. Karl must be super proud.

Now this was FASHION. Impeccable in taste, construction, and concept. The fabrics were luxurious and luscious. The leather was a smooth and soft as a baby's bottom. It almost looked fake, it was that perfect. I loved the color palette. That gorgeous nude pink mixed with the array of yellows made my heart melt. She's very talented. Who better than to design for this house than Mrs. Fendi herself. She ticked all the boxes for accessories. The bags were fabulous. The knit baguette was beautiful. Who would have ever thought of wanting something like that? And may I just say that I never thought I would want a gold AirPods case until now. If Sylvia can keep building up this momentum she can easily steal this decade. It's obvious that Prada is over, so it's time for someone new to take over.

I had to take a look twice and I still can’t see what you see.
Yes, it’s super well made and there are a lot of terrific clothes (the looks on Cara, Binx and Anok are reeeally cool). But that’s it. A very safe and commercial message. Don’t get me wrong, it’s not bad at all but it’s just...cute. I’m really missing the sparkling or that feeling you got when you see a really good fashion show.
I didn’t even think about the clothes after watched it.

^ I sort of agree with you. Whilst this kind of sultry, vintage/mid-20th century vibe never goes amiss with me, I find this outing to be good but not great. Maybe I just not into the puffy sleeves on a lot of the dresses, makes the pieces look a little awkward. Some great accessories though and a re-assuring view to Fendi sans Karl.

Really good show, actual glamour and grandeur are a rare sight. The bourgeois vibe is so strong but there's a certain unease in here that makes it almost perverse. The sleeves make for a strong statement if not for a wearable look.

For me it was the very definiton of what Milan should be: luxurious and covetable...The exact opposite of the patchworked sacks at Marni.

Indeed one of the highlights of MFW! A beautiful collection, very sophisticated and extremely well executed. The leathers look exquisite, beautifully crafted and the whole presentation was immaculate. The strongest Fendi collection in years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmarisMoonlover
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->