Fendi F/W 2021.22 Milan

Well it's definitely not offensive like his Couture debit, also happy for the minimal approach (not doing an obscene amount of logos over the clothes).

It's just not that interesting, this is the problem...

What a mediocre, lazy, full of copycats, borning and fugly collection. Kim had time, people, Silvia, Karl's archive from year 67 BCE and he did this.

It is my intervention and he should stop this.

Well, the looks are either bland as hell or absolutely hideous. No in between. Yikes

Well, it's not as offensive as his couture debut, but it's definitely not a good collection. The colour palette is nauseous. The fur looks incredibly heavy and dated. In terms of silhouettes, they're incredibly basic. Some looks are insta-oriented, some feel as if they had been taken straight from the archives and recreated. As a whole, it's not memorable in any way and we'll forget about it tomorrow.

There's not an ounce of originality. Every single look can be traced back to a collection from Jacquemus, Max Mara, Dior or even Yeezy (wtf). He has no business doing womenswear. I feel sorry for Silvia. Her recent collections were amazing.

Last edited:
This collection is 50% Bottega Venta, 10% Jacquemus, 40% Max Mara + the colors palette couldn't be more Max Mara. 0% Fendi identity. Everything look so dated and heavy, those fringe trenchcoats shamelessly rip-off straight-out of BV runway. You can see the differences between Silvia and Kim skills the way he handle that fur coat, Silvia made fur looks like feathers while Kim made that coat looks like it's weight 40kg.

Why can they just let Silvia thriving on her own. She just finally her own chance to prove herself, now the suits gonna make her stick with Kim until finally get Dior by himself. This is so sad.

shezee, hezz, hershe, heshe, this is sucky (iykyk wtf was that soundtrack)

this is sad

Hoooow can he look at this and think this is at least decent?? It’s so bland and unoriginal I can’t even say anything about it.

I dunno, it looks very deflated. The glossier color palette, the Instagram friendly midriff exposing knit tops, the full monochromatic styling....not at this price point Kim!!

I don't think it's hideous but it's also not contributing anything. Silvia made great clothes and pushed the fashion when she needed to.

The camel looks are the better ones, while the satin looks are the tackier ones. The whole collection is like two creative directions clashing with each other! He is quite unimaginative in the most mediocre way.

puhh so glad its not the same he did at couture.

Its an okish mediocre forgettable collection. and I guess its the best he can do.

this collection shows who he is an I never had expected anything else than this boring unappealing irrelevance.

It could be worse, like recreating artwork from his "good friends" in fur.

Must admit that I am genuinely surprised at the negative feedback, because when clicking through the collection on Vogue I just kept thinking how beautiful everything looked.

I do understand it looks very Max Mara but I feel as though it's extremely luxe, elegant, refined, polished, sophisticated and above all else - wearable. That huge fur coat is a masterpiece, looks absolutely exquisite. The colour palette is to die for, perfect for autumn/winter and the collection as a whole feels very coherent. I couldn't tell you much about Kim Jones or his typical aesthetic but I am LOVING this.

It was interesting to flick through these pics on WWD and then move to Alberta Ferretti: it kind of looked like the same collection, the same level of generic-ness, similar shapes, the kind of things you see a lot on IG influencers, proudly boasting their average/non-descript level of taste (because, you know - are we crazy? - we are not scaring away tons of potential buyers by challenging their acquired aesthetic notions...the diverse casting will cover that).
And, frankly, it is of little comfort to say that this is not as bad as KJ's couture debut, it did not really take that much to do something better.

His couture was offensive. And this is what Zara looks like when they copy Bottega+Burberry+Jaquemus. Not offensive, just sad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->