Fendi F/W 2021.22 Milan

^Totally, the british fashion press supports their own to ridiculous extents, more so if the brands backing them basically pay their salary...

^Totally, the british fashion press supports their own to ridiculous extents, more so if the brands backing them basically pay their salary...

Don't get me wrong, I understand press being supportive. But sometimes - as for examples in the articles I read after Jones' Couture debut - the support becomes humorous.

I guess thanks to him nobody can criticize the French press for their blind support to my dear Nicolas...

While it's not a terrible collection, it is quite forgettable. Fendi is a fun and colourful brand but this is also just depressing to look at.

To be honest I'm actually surprised that he didn't go down the whole logo-mania route like his work at Dior. Maybe not yet lol.

To be honest I'm actually surprised that he didn't go down the whole logo-mania route like his work at Dior. Maybe not yet lol.

I agree, but I feel he wants to be taken as a serious designer since embarking this journey. But I am expecting logo merchandising driven route soon.

I saw this yesterday but I had to hold my thoughts as I wanted to rest and look at it again.
there are a lot of covetable pieces but it’s such a boring colour palette... and the silk/ satin (?) pieces aren’t as luxurious or chic as I presume KJ thinks they are, because they are not...
not even gonna talk about how Max Mara some of it looks.

also, it lacks all of the innovation and energy that Fendi used to give us. just this long repetition of clothes parading down the runway with such a forgettable cast... I know it’s Covid but... Fendi used to be one of my favourite MFW shows and now we have this...

Last edited:
I know it’s Covid but... Fendi used to be one of my favourite MFW shows and now we have this...

It was Covid last season already but Silvia Venturini Fendi managed to present one of the most poetic and dreamy Fendi shows I remember anyway. It felt so appropriate for both, the fashion house and the moment we are living. And then we are down to this ... I was actually only impressed by the set design of this and the couture show.

This is becoming a pattern with younger designers like this, the lack of understanding of identity and culture. It goes deeper than visual codes, it’s about the lifestyle behind it, the lush dinners, the houses, the life of people who design this and wear this. Karl of course understood this very well for both brands he designed for.

I agree that this collection looks very refined and luxurious, but it could be anything. The reason it feels so empty is because it’s entirely inauthentic and flat, lacking depth or anything poetic.

I loved Silva’s own collections, they where breathing Italian whimsy and poetry that’s very specific, and this to me is an underpinning of the dna of fendi. And you need it to make all those furs and lux fabrics ‘light’.

And that’s why he failed. However I’m an optimist, he still needs more time to embed himself in the culture, the question is will he be given the time?

Its very luxurious, like a Fendi collection should be, but there is no glamour or charm enough in these clothes.

Maybe Fendi is the new Givenchy by Keller, a good designer in a house that, unfortunately, being only good is not gonna cut it.

I wish LVMH would give up trying to get their version of Bottega Veneta--it's not working out at Givenchy (which is also simultaneously trying to be Balenciaga) and it is not going to work out here at at Fendi.

^But recently the only original idea of LVMH, Fenty, turned out to be a complete flop. What's more, they always have to do something as a response to Kering's greatest hits because they're somehow not able to come out with a proper plan and aesthetic. Maybe because they still rely on star designers instead of relatively unknown designers? And actually same with Fendi, I'm pretty sure Alessia Pellarini would do wonders as an artistic director of the house (if it's true that it was too much to handle for Silvia). I still don't understand the appointment of Kim, but at the same time we all know that he'll finally be out and become the artistic director of Dior.

I know it’s a little bit out of the main topic, but my fellow TFS’ers keep guessing that Kim Jones will end up at the helm of Dior Women too.
but in how many years will that happen, considering that even if he stays under the same company for sure they will make him wait at least one year in between, right?
and, let’s say he’s warming up and getting better (wishful thinking) at Fendi for at least what? 3 years? so let’s say, he’ll be at Dior Women in what, 5 years?

what about Maria Grazia? she’s been performing well sales wise and in 5 years she will only be 62 years old... KJ will be 52.
what will LVMH’s plans be for her? and what will happen to Fendi?

if this rumour is true, it seems to me that LVMH seems to keep shooting their own foot with these risky and as we we’ve seen as of late, built for failure, plans.

*coughGivenchycough* *coughFendicough*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
numenah
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->