Fendi F/W 2021.22 Milan

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by vogue28, Feb 24, 2021.

1. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

VOGUE.COM

2. vogue28

3. GERGIN

GERGIN Well-Known Member

Well it's definitely not offensive like his Couture debit, also happy for the minimal approach (not doing an obscene amount of logos over the clothes).

It's just not that interesting, this is the problem...

4. Olaffo

Olaffo Active Member

What a mediocre, lazy, full of copycats, borning and fugly collection. Kim had time, people, Silvia, Karl's archive from year 67 BCE and he did this.

It is my intervention and he should stop this.

Norden, gazebo, Moxie Remon and 6 others like this.
  5. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

Well, the looks are either bland as hell or absolutely hideous. No in between. Yikes

Reggie63 likes this.
  6. perhydrol

perhydrol Well-Known Member

Well, it's not as offensive as his couture debut, but it's definitely not a good collection. The colour palette is nauseous. The fur looks incredibly heavy and dated. In terms of silhouettes, they're incredibly basic. Some looks are insta-oriented, some feel as if they had been taken straight from the archives and recreated. As a whole, it's not memorable in any way and we'll forget about it tomorrow.

7. avonlea002

avonlea002 Well-Known Member

There's not an ounce of originality. Every single look can be traced back to a collection from Jacquemus, Max Mara, Dior or even Yeezy (wtf). He has no business doing womenswear. I feel sorry for Silvia. Her recent collections were amazing.

#7 avonlea002, Feb 24, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2021
  8. THD96

THD96 Well-Known Member

This collection is 50% Bottega Venta, 10% Jacquemus, 40% Max Mara + the colors palette couldn't be more Max Mara. 0% Fendi identity. Everything look so dated and heavy, those fringe trenchcoats shamelessly rip-off straight-out of BV runway. You can see the differences between Silvia and Kim skills the way he handle that fur coat, Silvia made fur looks like feathers while Kim made that coat looks like it's weight 40kg.

Why can they just let Silvia thriving on her own. She just finally her own chance to prove herself, now the suits gonna make her stick with Kim until finally get Dior by himself. This is so sad.

9. TianCouture

TianCouture Well-Known Member

shezee, hezz, hershe, heshe, this is sucky (iykyk wtf was that soundtrack)

this is sad

10. depordetioz

depordetioz Active Member

Hoooow can he look at this and think this is at least decent?? It’s so bland and unoriginal I can’t even say anything about it.

jeanclaude likes this.
  11. RedSmokeRise

RedSmokeRise Well-Known Member

I dunno, it looks very deflated. The glossier color palette, the Instagram friendly midriff exposing knit tops, the full monochromatic styling....not at this price point Kim!!

I don't think it's hideous but it's also not contributing anything. Silvia made great clothes and pushed the fashion when she needed to.

12. JohannesL

JohannesL Well-Known Member

The camel looks are the better ones, while the satin looks are the tackier ones. The whole collection is like two creative directions clashing with each other! He is quite unimaginative in the most mediocre way.

13. entten

entten Active Member

puhh so glad its not the same he did at couture.

Its an okish mediocre forgettable collection. and I guess its the best he can do.

this collection shows who he is an I never had expected anything else than this boring unappealing irrelevance.

14. liberty33r1b

liberty33r1b Well-Known Member

so boring and badly executed

15. eugenius

eugenius Well-Known Member

It could be worse, like recreating artwork from his "good friends" in fur.

jeanclaude likes this.
  16. vogue28

Must admit that I am genuinely surprised at the negative feedback, because when clicking through the collection on Vogue I just kept thinking how beautiful everything looked.

I do understand it looks very Max Mara but I feel as though it's extremely luxe, elegant, refined, polished, sophisticated and above all else - wearable. That huge fur coat is a masterpiece, looks absolutely exquisite. The colour palette is to die for, perfect for autumn/winter and the collection as a whole feels very coherent. I couldn't tell you much about Kim Jones or his typical aesthetic but I am LOVING this.

dontbeadrag likes this.
  17. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

Honestly, it is inoffensive but not ugly. I try my best to not pinpoint all the little things wrong in this collection. This is Kim Jones, an overrated menswear designer thinking he can do womenswear...

18. bc collector

bc collector Well-Known Member

It was interesting to flick through these pics on WWD and then move to Alberta Ferretti: it kind of looked like the same collection, the same level of generic-ness, similar shapes, the kind of things you see a lot on IG influencers, proudly boasting their average/non-descript level of taste (because, you know - are we crazy? - we are not scaring away tons of potential buyers by challenging their acquired aesthetic notions...the diverse casting will cover that).
    And, frankly, it is of little comfort to say that this is not as bad as KJ's couture debut, it did not really take that much to do something better.

jeanclaude and badgalcrush like this.
  19. ah ah

ah ah New Member

When your ambition doesn't match your talent.

20. 90sFan

90sFan Active Member

His couture was offensive. And this is what Zara looks like when they copy Bottega+Burberry+Jaquemus. Not offensive, just sad.

gazebo and jeanclaude like this.