Fendi Haute Couture F/W 2023.24 Paris

This could be a Tadashi Shoji collection or any other NY designer creating for rich housewives. It's so sloppy looking. MGC could give him a lesson or two on dressmaking. The "draping" is pathetic. Those belts (?) look like random pieces of fabric attached last minute before the show.

He is probably the worst couturier of the era! I hate to say that even Elie Saab and Stepane Rolland bring more to the table than him. He has no sense of color, limited imagination of silhouettes and knows nothing about construction and techniques.

his best proposal to date.
this said… the colour palette still needs improvement.

was hoping the cast to be stronger.

Like everything this person touches, it’s just so generic/mediocre/pedestrian— and that’s being positive. Another positive I’ll give this is that it’s a rather humble, and appropriately plain presentation, stripped off the distracting multimillion dollar sets and production of his premiere.

If there’s such an offering as discount/outlet HC, this is it. It’s a little of this, a little of that by algorithm, and absolutely no POV or distinction. Unless a clientele is a lifelong Fendi devotee, or just smitten by his unrivalled gormless charm, what is offered here that can’t be easily had anywhere else— and for far better design and construction???

Well.....I thought it was divine. Some looks obstruct the view for me (like the last two ones, whatever that is..), but the first dresses in the first post are what dreams are made of and what you go to couture for.. love how they moved in the livestream, and the backs. That first brown one.. can you imagine? I'd take it everywhere for a ride!:mandancing::brownheart:

Well.....I thought it was divine. Some looks obstruct the view for me (like the last two ones, whatever that is..), but the first dresses in the first post are what dreams are made of and what you go to couture for.. love how they moved in the livestream, and the backs. That first brown one.. can you imagine? I'd take it everywhere for a ride!:mandancing::brownheart:

I agree actually! Quite desirable pieces here and I’m happy he’s finally expanding to also include daywear and cocktail instead of just an endless parade of somewhat pretty gowns. Is it the pinnacle of highly innovative design? No, and there are definitely easy-to-spot spaces for improvement, but overall it’s a step forward for the Fendi couture offering under his reign.

PS: Given that this is Fendi, is that coat faux fur?

Isn’t everyone tired of Kim Jones and his dated approaches to everything he touches?!? Thought i was looking at Ellie Saab or some other not-exactly-fashion label… Tragic.
Also, seeing this a say after Balenciaga couture which was beautiful AND modern, looks like we regressed 40 years back again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacur368
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->