Film Posters

whatever happened to baby jane's various posters are among my all time favourites

babyjane1.jpg

babyjane6.jpg
babyjane5.jpg
babyjane3.jpg

babyjane4.jpg

babyjane2.jpg

(1962)

wrongsideoftheart.com, movieart.net, classicmovieposters.blogspot.com, listal.com

drive.jpg

impawards.com
Drive (2011)

I think that the juxtaposition between the pink font and the image on the poster are so striking. For some reason, it gives off an 80's vibe to me.

artist.jpg

impawards.com
The Artist (2011)

Also, I really like The Artist's movie poster. It really evokes what movies from the silent film era were like (which is what the movie is about anyways). And I think it stands out from a lot of the film posters which are released today. So many of them are really generic and way too airbrushed. But The Artist and Drive both are good examples of a great film poster.

^I can't see the pictures, but maybe it's just me?

mistress_f - Love those posters! Thank you so much for posting. They're so daring with their tone and I love the focus on the performances with the closeups.

LOVE this thread!

I'm in love with neorrealism italian film posters.

Bicycle Thieves
DE-SICA-1948-Ladri-di-biciclette-Ladron-de-bicicletas-2-Brini.jpg

L'Avventura
2-lavventura-michelangelo-antonioni.jpg

La Notte
l_21627_0054130_dcb7cee9.jpg

This is the movie that inpires Meisel in that fabulous editorial with Daria and Elise in Italian Vogue.

This one I'm surprised hasn't been posted. It's amazing.

tumblr_lyfcg5znck1qddicso1_500.jpg

seanmichaelslavin tumblr

Moderator's Note: Please remember to include the source of the images in every post.

Mondo, the collectible art boutique of the Alamo Drafthouse, announces its first ever Academy Awards poster series, featuring limited edition prints of their favorite nominated films in select categories.

There will be four total. The first two are for Hugo (Best Picture nominee) and Rango (Best Animated Feature nominee).

ex4NV.jpg

ymX8j.jpg

nlt1P.jpg

awardsdaily

:heart:

I love these two for Drive.. I kind of want a neon sign like that

tumblr_m02pztzxHR1ro9ypro1_r2_1280.jpg

tumblr_m02pztzxHR1ro9ypro2_r3_1280.jpg

aroundnetworks.tumblr.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads