Finding Your Perfect Red Lipstick

i love the burgundy/maroon lipstick look. it's so old hollywood glamour.

pinksatin - I understand. It's definitely hard trying to integrate a powerful lip color into your everyday life. For me, it depends what I'm doing. If I'm just going to the grocery store then I probably wouldn't. If I was going shopping - maybe. My only problem is when I wear a strong color, I wear it out at night, and that's when I'm eating/drinking and thus it wears off quite quickly.

I used to have an awesome Clinique red that was called 'brick red' and it was the perfect red for my skin and went on red. I have a hard time now getting colors to go on as red. I have a lot of pink undertone in my lips and even when I use a sort of primer, it still goes on quick pink, so I end up blending a lot with some darker shades I have. I just got a Nars shade (can't remember the name) and when she put it on in store, it was a great red but at home, it's still coming out to pink.

Does anyone know what lipstick Michelle is wearing here? I can't find it, and I love it
78th_Annual_Academy_award_%28149%29.jpg

michelleparadize.free.fr

And also, I like Stila's Salome

I wouldn't focus so much on what she wore in that picture and instead look at how you can achieve a similar coloration. Red lipstick varies so much by the liner and primer you use, your natural lip color, etc. I would just mess about at the makeup counters to see about finding a similar true red for your own lips

I just got Revlon Really Red lipstick, I love it! It's a classic, true red with the matte finish I like :heart:

I'm chasing this tone of red lipstick right.. no luck yet, but it's my latest makeup crush. :heart:

00470m.jpg

[chloe f/w 08.09 via style.com]

1611dz6.jpg

[prada f/w 06.07 via firstview.com]

^ I love it too. I want a darker red the next time I get one, but I'm not sure which one.

The best red lipstick in the whole world is Kevyn Aucoin Expert Lip Tint in Poppia (with his Red lip pencil underneath for longevity). It is perfection - not too warm, not too cool, rich colour, not too matte, not too glossy, universally flattering.
My ultimate red lipstick look is in my avatar :smile:

Source: Elias Tahan

red looks good on all skin tones

while red lipstick does stand out more on pale skin, that doesn't mean that only people with pale complexions can wear it. people who are pale, fair, milk, medium, olive, caramel, chocolate, mocha, etc. toned can all wear red lipstick. you just have to choose the right shade for you, and for those with darker lips putting on a lipliner as a base can help to bring out the true red in whatever lipstick you use so that it really shows on your lips, and if you have darker skin along with darker lips, it'll sparkle against your skin as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this more of a cool red or hot red?

What are the names of certain lipsticks that bear a color to the posted pictures?

source: from my own files. no idea where I found them.

Closer to a true red. A possible dupe is NARS Indian Red Lip Stain Gloss, as it's close to that color, pigmented, and glossy.

Closer to a true red. A possible dupe is NARS Indian Red Lip Stain Gloss, as it's close to that color, pigmented, and glossy.
i love Nars Indian red lip stain gloss!!! its sooooooooooooo perfect!!!! but its like an evening wear sort red, very dramatic!!!!

This first time I wore any kind of lipstick at all was yesterday during my graduation. I choose to to wear the Chanel Rouge Allure color.

I bought my first red lipstick today. I didn't pay much attention to the color or the brand because i was too afraid i wasn't gonna like it or that it wouldn't look good on me. It's a 'standard red' if that even exists. I tried it on to see how it looked and i'm still undecided about it; i've got pretty full lips, so i don't wanna end up looking like The Joker :lol:

i love Nars Indian red lip stain gloss!!! its sooooooooooooo perfect!!!! but its like an evening wear sort red, very dramatic!!!!

I love it too....but I wear it everyday-for everything. To work, out running errands, out at night :smile: I love it!!

I bought my first red lipstick today. I didn't pay much attention to the color or the brand because i was too afraid i wasn't gonna like it or that it wouldn't look good on me. It's a 'standard red' if that even exists. I tried it on to see how it looked and i'm still undecided about it; i've got pretty full lips, so i don't wanna end up looking like The Joker :lol:

Actually, judging from your pictures on 'WAYWT', I think red lipstick would be beautiful on your coloring and bone structure. "Standard red" is never a sure thing, it may still come out too pink or 'off' on you. It's a matter of trial and error until you find the right one. I'm still in the error phase...red is a very difficult color for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->