Finding Your Perfect Red Lipstick

how to wear a red lip stick with out look too overwhleming on the face?
every time i try like a dark (simply more pigmantated colour), i look like a lil girl trying to wear her mom's lipstick o.o

does anyone wear red lipstick in the daytime? I'm a brunette with fairly pale skin but yellow undertones.. would the Mac ruby woo be good?

just_me, I am a fan of wearing red lipstick during the day, especially in the cooler months and especially a deep red. If you snag the right red for your complexion then it should be able to be worn all the time.

Re Ruby Woo: Check out makeupalley.com for reviews. Hopefully that will give you an idea of whether it would suit your colouring. :smile:

just_me said:
does anyone wear red lipstick in the daytime?

I'll wear it during the day when the weather is cool, but in the summertime I just feel like a ghost. I'll tone it down if I'm feeling this way.

But most of the time I figure, not all women feel they can wear red, so since it suits me I'm going to wear it out.

I wear it too in the daytime, but I generally mix it with different amounts of beige for a more natural look

For red toned lip colors, I think Lacome always has some great deep shades that are matte but can be juicy too. They've always lasted a long time for me. My favorite right now is

106310_213842.gif

Jezabel

I dont know why it looks so berry toned on the site. It definitely is a dark red once on your lips. I always use a lip liner because the color will bleed into my skin, it's not noticeable to other eyes, but I see it in the mirror.

MAC has this really cool thick red gloss that has a high shine, this is definitely not for wearing during the day.

lacquer_dark.png

Fanplastico Lacquer
(the swatch wont show up, they have their images protected. just follow the link.)
Same with the lip liner on this one.

I will wear different shades or red depending on the time of day. I have a more sheer berry variation for day time, but also a very deep dark red, almost purple for special weird ocassions.

I read a lot about not pairing the dramatic eye with the dramatic red lip, but sometimes, unless you do it, it wont look good. I think a good smoky eye or dewy lids looks good with red lips.

Last edited by a moderator:
nars in cruella.
it's a bit too red for me.
so i put on another red on top of it and they blend well.
i don't know the name.
it's by revlon though.
the lipstick isn't on me at the moment.

I found a new favorite color. It's Penelope's Red by L'oreal. I like it because of my warm complexion and this is on the orange side. It also goes on sheer at first but is buildable.

I feel like buying more NARS lipsticks. I love their semi-matte formula.

I am a red lipstick wh*re :D I like Dior's Trés Trés Dior and Holiday Red.

After a lot of research and personal expense, several years ago I settled on Estee Lauder Earthy Red. It is a true dark red, no hot pink surprise after you put it on. You have to have a lot of self confidence and wear minimal eye make-up to pull it off, people will stare.

Ok I have a porcelain compexion, blue eyes and brown hair.
With such colouring mostly every lipstick looks pink. But I have find one by Maybelline Moisture Extreme. Btw these lipsticks are a complete copy of Chanel Aqualumiere, only that they are really cheap.
Well the name is Indian Red. When it is not on lips it looks a bit brownish. But on lips it is a gentle red that you can wear day and night.

I have fair skin and Maybelline's Watershine Lipstick in Glazed Red Apple is perfect. It's a very natural sheer red and makes the lips look incredibly rosy.

^ where do you buy this??? they dont sell that in Canada anymore.

Could someone help me i have fair skin, blonde hair blue eyes, all red lipsticks seem to bring out the red in my skin. Does anyone know of a brand and colour that wont do this?

my perfect red is mac's cherry pencil liner followed with carmex.

Has anyone tried Givenchy Rouge Interdit? I'm dying for a red lipstick and I love the packaging of this one (I also like what the ads say about it :P), but I'm not sure if buying one from Chanel is a better option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->