Finding Your Perfect Red Lipstick

My winter lip staple is Nars Heat Wave. It's a semi matte orange red. I have a golden brown complexion with freckles on the cheeks. I use Nar St Tropez Powder to give you guys an idea of my color. Says its a powder for tanned & olive complexions with yellow undertones

881417_sw.jpg
(sephora.com)

I have really full lips so it is a shocking color to have, but really nice quick and dramatic boost when I don't feel like wearing any face/eye makeup.

220426_sw.jpg
(sephora.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
chanel 'dragon' i think it's called is a GORGEOUS red.

*Hypnotic* said:
I just got Chanel's Passion...and I love it! It's tough to find
that perfect red but when you do....it's beautiful and...perfect.
I agree. I wear Chanel Rouge Allure in Passion (14) and it's the only red lipstick that 'clicked' with me. I've tried lots of variations on red but never found one that did my skin tone justice, until now.

I have an ivory skin tone, and have medium brown hair and blue eyes.

Ilora-Danon said:
I agree. I wear Chanel Rouge Allure in Passion (14) and it's the only red lipstick that 'clicked' with me. I've tried lots of variations on red but never found one that did my skin tone justice, until now.

I have an ivory skin tone, and have medium brown hair and blue eyes.

Good for you:heart: ....Isn't it just lovely?:blush: ...People ask me all the time...
This lipstick is definetly one of my favs. The color is brilliant!

I have fair skin and brown-black hair. I do not like goofy bright reds, but somewhat darker ones, probably because it balances with my hair. I haven't found the best specific brand yet though. I probably look better on orange-reds, but I can also wear berries and get away with it.

I love to see red lipstick but have yet to find one that doesn't 'wear me' rather than the other way round. I have dark brown hair, brown eyes & slightly olive (winter) skin (goes a lot darker in summer)

Every woman can wear red lipstick. Regardless of your age or skin tone, there's a red out there for you. Find out which are the right shades of red for your skin tone here.

Flattering Red Lipstick Shades

• Fair Skin, Cool Skin Tone.
    Best Reds: Cool Reds like rich reds, wine, burgundy.
  • Fair Skin, Warm Skin Tone.
    Best Reds: Warm Reds like rich brick reds and ruby jewel-like shades.
  • Yellow Skin Tone.
    Best Reds: Orange- or Brown-Tinted Reds like brick reds and or brown reds.
  • Olive Skin Tone.
    Best Reds: Rich Orange-Reds. Go for a bolder color, as you can carry it off.
  • Dark Skin Tone.
    Best Reds: Deep Red like berry reds and burgundy reds.
I found this on a site and it worked for me.

00200m.jpg

style.com

which red would this one be? brand and shade if you know one that looks familiar.

I have olive skintones with tan.

^ well, i dont find it sl*tty but it definitely look too stong for me my since lip have a weird contour
if u ever see me with lip stick, it would definitely be sheer or gloss or got a bit whiped off...

modelbehavior228 said:
I HATE red lipstick. Looks sl*tty to me on whoever wears it. Sorry, but it does.

That's not very nice. :rofl:

Red lips are kind of a staple to me. But I have to be careful. Pink reds make me look like snow white. :( And I just got one of those in the mail. I want Shanghai Express by NARS now.

I used to think I looked like a clown in red, but now I think I just wasn't used to it.

Your right it isnt very nice especially considering everyone in this topic is looking for red lipstick...HEY she just told us all we looked like sluts! lol :o

yeah, we're all sluts :lol:

that lipstick MK is wearing is definitely Ruby Woo from MAC. I can tell that color from miles away

REALLY?! COOL! Thanks. :flower:
MKs looks a bit matte... is it?

Lipfinity Maxfactor- 070 Spicy- my favourite red.
I think I look my best with red lipstick, I feel sexy and I like it a lot.
I don't think that red lipstick makes you look sl*tty, only the wrong shade.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"