For Every Season CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE - transition from summer to fall

And me ^_^

I'm kind of struggling at the moment because I want to embrace my autumn wardrobe, but every now and then Australia throws us a 37 degree day, and I melt :doh:

And me ^_^

I'm kind of struggling at the moment because I want to embrace my autumn wardrobe, but every now and then Australia throws us a 37 degree day, and I melt :doh:

Me too, I see my wardrobe and I want to wear all my jackets, my scarfs, and the winter clothes, but I see the day, and we still here with 30 degrees!. :angry::lol:

Oh, can I participate too? I'm not in the Southern hemisphere, but this thread applies to my current situation very well. I live in a Mediterranean climate, and we don't really have spring. During March/April, we go from mild winter (fall weather, really) to summer. It's the most difficult time for dressing, I'm always either too hot or too cold. The only thing I've figured out is to wear a windbreaker or jacket with a lining. Light knits and even denim are technically warm enough for most days, but the chilly breeze can creep up on you.

^ I've been wearing the shoes I posted above for the current transition :wink:

So let me ask you something ... do you feel the winter-spring transition and summer-fall transition are fundamentally different? Or are they really mostly the same?

Those are some cute shoes, especially the cut-out detail.

Physically I experience both transitions in the same way, but psychologically, it's different to ease into warm or cold weather. I really miss the changing of the seasons that I experienced elsewhere, it's far too abrupt here. Especially fall, all those beautiful colors in the trees...

But I've been feeling the effects of global warming, as the weather is very unpredictable lately. "A snowball's chance in hell (or Australia in March)" may not be a pertinent expression anymore.

I am in the Northern hemisphere(transitioning from late-winter to spring) and I was just thinking about this topic today. For me, when it starts getting warmer, it's "shoe season":P. I can finally wear the cute heels and peep toe styles that I would have looked dumb wearing before with my toes becoming frost bitten! That is the most exciting thing for me. There are so many shoes I've been waiting for months to wear. Winter shoes just aren't as much fun to me.

It's isn't hot here yet so I wear pretty much the same outfits as I did before. I just bring a leather jacket instead of winter coat, and no hat or gloves or other winter accessories. Maybe a non-functional (like not meant to keep you warm) scarf but that's it. At this time of year I will still not wear bare legs, only tights or leggings with dresses and skirts.

Also, it is the perfect time of year for wearing all your blazers!:woot: I love little jackets but it's usually too hot for them in summer (or the fabrics are meant for winter) and then when it's very cold and you have to wear a coat, I feel sooooo uncomfortable and restricted putting a winter coat on over a blazer, but I don't want to carry the blazer . . . so I take advantage and wear them at transition times.

Also, if I wear sweaters, they are lighter, like cotton or silk, etc. instead of merino or cashmere.

I think you just have to be prepared for getting to hot or too cold. Don't expect anything! If the forecast says sunny and 75 (fahrenheit) and you leave the house in sandals and sundress, chances are it will be 50 and raining. I keep umbrellas in my car and a mini one in my bag. Even if it's supposed to be warm I'll put something thin but long-sleeved in my bag too just incase. Sometimes the wind makes it cold too.

I think in general, with me and other women I notice, we tend to celebrate when it gets warmer by dressing up and putting more effort into the outfit, just because you can. You don't have to protect yourself from freezing and trudge through sloppy streets.

I am concerned I did not get enough wear out of my short shorts. The weather is still hot as can be, but it's nearly April (think October up north) and the heat is still going strong. Although it does get pretty chilly after sundown. I keep asking when it gets cold because I have no experience in the southern hemisphere and I have a feeling Santinguinos don't know what real cold feels like. I've been transitioning by keeping one piece "warm" and one piece "cool." If I wear a tank top, it has to be with long pants. If I wear shorts, 3/4 sleeves at the shortest. Unfortunately my shoe collection is meager here. I need to get out and do some exploring of clothing stores. I've been here 6 weeks today and haven't even tried to look for clothes, because I need to save money and I'm afraid to "break the seal."

And me ^_^

i know!! i am actually getting sick of summer clothes. I want my layers!!

i always carry a cardi in my bag and almost always a big silk scarf for that extra bit of warmth

^ I've been wearing the shoes I posted above for the current transition :wink:

So let me ask you something ... do you feel the winter-spring transition and summer-fall transition are fundamentally different? Or are they really mostly the same?

I do this fairly subconsciously, but when I'm going winter-spring I just wear more short-sleeve tops, flowy light materials, and in lighter/brighter colors. I usually maintain long pants for a while. For summer-winter I tend to be holding onto the short shorts and skirts, but with longer, more serious shirts.

I don't think there's too much of a difference except maybe in materials and coloring.

^ I seem to like to wear cashmere-blend sweaters more when the cold weather is coming vs going, regardless of temperature ... :unsure:

I wear boots all year round. My spring/summer ones are light coloured suede.
Layering is another essential for transition- zip up hoodies & scarves are my staples
Leggings are good transitional wear, in between trousers & skirts/bare leggs
Always remember to take a brolly

i cannot wait for the weather to change...
i really hope that we get some true fall weather this year...
cool enough for a light jacket, scarf and boots without freezing snow...
i'll even accept some rain if the temp stays stable...

*fingers crossed*

Autumn has just arrived. And I'd forgotten how much I love dressing for this season - it's easy, looks good - and I'm not sweating like a bloated hippo! I've found old Stuff that I haven't worn in yeas (haven't lived anywhere with autumn the last couple of years) and I'm loving it. Heaps of black and navy. Textures such as wool, leather and lace. And layers! Layers and layers and layers - away with the 'just a cotton dress and shoes look'.

Can you tell I'm excited :woot:
Lol

Last edited by a moderator:
^I agree. Autumn is the best:smile: In the summer it is too hot to even wear accessories!:lol:

the weather is good and people are dressing well...
it's a good time to be in the city ...

:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irere
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->