One in every color?

Exactly! I have a pair of black sneakers that I liked so much, I went back for the brown and navy versions. However, when I get dressed everyday, I head straight towards the original black pair. :lol:

Yup :wink:

It's happened to me twice. Once I first bought silver and went back for bronze. The other time I bought black and went back for ivory. I still have both the bronze and ivory shoes--the original pairs I've worn out.

i do it very rarely.

there is one gap 1969 black tee and a pair of AG jeans i regret not getting another pair in.

^that's why i've developed the habit of buying more than one item either in the same or different colors. i bought a pair of selvage jeans from a&f that is just the right length and fit...but they discontinued the line in less than a year. when i went back specifically looking for another pair, i was sooo disappointed.

I have a basic top in purple,white, grey and black. Converse all stars in red green & black. Tights in more colours. And jeans in 2 colours.

I try to avoid this, except with the most basic items (cotton tank tops, tights, etc). I get tempted to, because sometimes I can't decide which color I like more ... but it always ends up that I wear one far more than the other.

^ I have also found that if I buy black & another color, often I end up wearing the black more. However, black is almost an exception to everything, and we all should be wearing more color, I think :wink:

Well i have the same dress with a flower pattern and another completely black. I guess i do not see them as the same dress. And they were bought in different occasions also.

`i think if you like something you should buy as much as you like.

It's funny that it bothers me more the fact that I bought another black dress than the fact they are the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
polo shirts.
ballet flats (once upon a time)
scarves
gloves

Well i have the same dress with a flower pattern and another completely black. I guess i do not see them as the same dress.

That's true - if I have shorts that are the same cut and brand but one pair is striped and the other is a plain fabric I wouldn't even think of them as the same.

Ahh.. shorts.. I want spring now :innocent:

I don't often buy more than one of something in a different color. There are exceptions:
high neck halter tops and one shoulder tops. It's hard to find a hight neck halter these days, so often they are v neck. So I end up making them myself, so when I do see one in more than one color, I buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
GAHH I'm so guilty of this! My boyfriend thinks I'm crazy but I don't blame him because most of the time I won't even wear the other colors... I once bought two forever 21 dresses in the same style (red and green) but I still haven't worn the green one. I'm even thinking about putting it up on eBay haha... I do this religiously with tank tops, long sleeves, ballet flats.. I just find that if I like the style and color, I end up finding more of the same items in just-as-attractive colors ! :P

I'm glad I'm not alone :flower: I should show this thread to my boyfriend!

I bought 2 pairs of Cole Haan loafers last week: one in taupe suede, one in reddish brown. :innocent: The beauty of the purchases is that I can easily dress up or down in warmer weather...

I did this last week with shoes...they were just too damn not nice not to! :blush:

This vintage store that I love gets a lot of deadstock in, and they had 1950's ballet flats that were actually all my size, which I never find in vintage shoes, so I bought every color they had in them! I now have six lovely comfy pairs of vintage ballet flats that I will wear with everything:smile:

It took me forever to find a simple t shirt that had a cut that really suited me and so when I finally found the perfect cut I bought it in 3 colours. However, I only buy basics in multiple colours because I'd rather have 2 different tops as opposed to the same top twice.

Buying the Same Item in 2 Different Colors

Do you do it? I used to be vehemently opposed to the idea, but lately, I find myself doing it more and more, mainly with shoes. I know it's probably unwise, but I can't help it!

I have a sweater I bought in 2 colors and frankly I wish I had gotten one more. I can't even wear the purple one anymore because it had a stain on it from when I put the bottom of a oil spray can on it when trying to put the top on. I wish I had thought of that fact that the bottom would have oil on it. I love that sweater. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->