One in every color?

I hadn't thought of that since I just do cleaning right at home. I think I have too because I want to be able to wear it. Thanks for the idea. :flower:

I often buy two of the same item in the same colour, I can't stand when things i really like become too worn down to wear I can never replace them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I often buy two of the same item in the same colour, I can't stand when things i really like become too worn down to wear I can never replace them.

When I saw you'd posted in this thread I thought, "One in every color--as long as it's black" :lol:

Ugh I do this alll the time especially with boots, wedges, flats.. brown and black are just so different you know what I mean?

Also I'm tending to do this with tees and some styles of jeans that I love. When you find something you love and you know you'll wear it a lot- I think it's fine. Also black/white/tan/pink/grey in the same style is an absolutely different piece altogether! Lol :smile:

Im bad for ralph lauren cashmere cable sweaters and mulberry bayswater bags. Got 5 sweaters and 4 bayswaters!

Also I'll often buy 4 of basics like say a nice camasole in black, grey, white and kaki

I just did this with linen t shirts from Isabel Marant's Etoile line. I ended up with three cause it is so hard to find nice t shirts in linen. I also have a habit of doing this with ballet flats

I only do this with basics. I have the same ribbed Topshop Basics vest in 6 different shades! And obviously I do it with tights; I have about 5 pairs of the exact same Falke tights, just because I love how they look and feel. I personally wouldn't do it with shoes, but whatever floats your boat!

^ Right on: basics and tights. A few small things like accessories (headbands, nail polish) I might buy in every color if they come in a variety of colors.

tights as well.. i love falke ones, only shoes that seem really fragile like ballet flats

Aside from basics that I love..[tights, underwear etc] I don't usually buy the same thing in different colours...I did today. I found the *perfect* dress for work, and couldn't choose between the two colours I found it in, so bought both!

I don't think it's a sin! I've done it a few times; once with jeans, two of the exact kind because they fit well. And with a simple tee from H&M in three colours- black, grey, and white. Leggings and the like. I'm horrid with shoes, though, as some are speaking of them- I'm so iffy with buying them and I over think with thoughts of "WHERE WILL I WEAR THEM? I JUST WANT MY VANS. ;-;" that I never get any thing more than Vans. e-e;
[Then again, aren't Vans just all different colours? P: Rofl. Guess that's another one.]

I've definitely done this before when I found something that had a flattering fit, unique design, or heels that I can walk comfortably in.

I do it for vest tops and and tights. Oh and I have a black body con and a nude body con.

what is this 'body con'.?...
:unsure:...

i assume you are referring to a bodysuit?...
have we invented a new name for it now???
:ermm:...

i was just over at uniqlo and they had a very simple, long, lightweight cashmere cardi...
just like i have been looking for ...
couldn't pick just one...(and they were 50% off)...
so i got two colours- heathered grey and navy - for the price of one!..

^_^
yay!

that sounds nice softgrey

I don't know if it's the same as the term "bodycon" used over here.
but it was often used in the late 80's, and it refers to a tight or snug dress in knit/stretchy fabric.

I haven't done one in every color. but one in every new color for the season.
sometimes one style in every fabric.

thanks runner....

I know that 'bodycon' is short for 'body conscious'...referring to anything that is tight...
but that is an adjective...how you describe something...
not the name of something...
at least not over here and not in my world...
you would never say 'i have a bodycon'...
you would say that i have a bodycon dress...or whatever it is...
:ermm:...
that is why i asked about it...
:wink:

one in every fabric is interesting...
i guess that would qualify as pretty much the same thing as one in every colour...
^_^...

I am guilty of doubling (or tripling) up on Rick Owens longsleeves and tanks in black and drkshdw colors, and black Acne hex cash jeans. my usual uniform :blush:

Ive done it with soft cotton v-neck tees, because they were just so perfect and who really cares when it comes to basics? But other than that, I am personally against buying "one in every color" because theres just so much out there, idk it seems like a shame to fill my closet with more than one of the same thing.

I understand now softgrey

then I guess this could be another story in a foreign soil, but it became a noun around the late 80's over here ( or started being used like a noun ) although it had been an adjective earlier.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
90sfan
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->