Forbes' The Five Most Important People in Modeling

I think that there is more than one way to skin the proverbial cat. The fact that Karl and some other designers are loyal to certain models is nice and all, but I would not expect a designer, especially one whose aesthetic / collections vary the way Miuccia Prada’s tend to, to be loyal to models. To me the issue is not that Miuccia herself developed the model into a star, rather it is that models she “discovered,” or was among the first bigwigs to book, went on to become stars.

What is the more compelling story, Arizona Muse starts modeling and works for a few years doing non-descript modeling work and is tapped to open and close Prada and Miu Miu, and next thing you know she is the face of Prada and Yves Saint Laurent, in YSL's case, Arizona replaced Daria Werbowy, and if memory serves the recent faces of YSL had been the likes of Daria and supers like Christy Turlington? Or is being Karl’s muse for several seasons / a few years before other designers, editors and photographers take an interest in you more compelling? Don’t get me wrong, I have commented several times about how Freja’s ties to Chanel and Karl are very meaningful and I put Karl as a question mark on my list because he has definitely discovered or elevated several models, but relating to this question, is Karl’s loyalty the best (or only) scenario? Is it better to be the one girl that Karl loves and running all over the place with a la Freja, or is it better to be Miuccia’s flavor of the moment a la Arizona, Lindsey or Daphne. I think that both scenarios have merit.

Last edited by a moderator:
alt, on the other hand is different, now she can turn a model into big model by giving them a few covers.

:lol: But you know Alt won't be propelling new girls to modeling fame, she'll just use her boring favourites over and over and over and over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
honeybabe
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->