Ford-less Gucci

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 25 2004, 11:30 PM
in early interviews tom talked about how most of the early collections were things just taken out of her wardrobe and then copied... :o :innocent: vintage pieces and kaftans...etc...

THAT is why I do not consider tom ford a designer...but a stylist...he PUT TOGETHER a collection...he never DESIGNED one...
:P :lol:

marc jacobs is the same...he copies loads of vintage dresses and patterns that he gets on ebay and other places... it's a joke really... :ninja:

...and they're laughing all the way to the bank because consumer's are willing to accept such a low standard... very depressing in a market where young designers with real talent can't get a break... :( :doh:
[snapback]406613[/snapback]​

I have to agree with you, softy. B)

Also, notice that both Gucci and Louis Vuitton make money basically from their accessories, not from their "collections".

I think the reason behind the people accepting such a low standar is that not everybody has a decent view of what actually IS fashion vs what only LOOKS fashion... I mean... I think that a lot of people just prefer to have an highly recognizable item (like a monogram-patterned item) instead of a truly glamorous one... they go searching for a griffed-shield instead of well-tailored armor.

ps: haven't kaftans been taken out of the closet once again with latest gucci collection? sounds like history repeating :innocent:
i think they're just focused on selling items rather than on creating artistic fashion pieces... so the shows are merely a chance to get more attention.

ps: lol everytime i write something on this board i don't know if i'm speaking english or arabian... i hope that everybody got my point even if I write like a child. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 26 2004, 08:00 AM
now, now softgrey maybe he had nasal problems that forced him to get a nose job... :innocent:
[snapback]407086[/snapback]​

hahaha... :lol: ...riiiight... :rolleyes: ...the old..'deviated septum'...

i think people who have work done should be forced to publicly admit it...so that people who aren't born perfect...basically...EVERYONE...aren't fooled into thinking they are somehow less than because they have their original nose...boobs...hair colour....whatever...

i think it's fine if you want to change it...but i just think you should have to own up to it... otherwise it's a form of deception and i'm against it... :ninja: :innocent:

so there you go...all you folks who are like'''oh!...he's so hot!" ...now waddaya think?...not so hot after all!....imagine if he had his current receding hairline with his original nose...OY!!... :doh: :lol:

Originally posted by MaLkAv@Oct 26 2004, 09:06 AM
I have to agree with you, softy. B)

ps: lol everytime i write something on this board i don't know if i'm speaking english or arabian... i hope that everybody got my point even if I write like a child. :rolleyes:
[snapback]407122[/snapback]​

i understood your points perfectly malkav... :flower: :heart:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 26 2004, 10:00 AM
so there you go...all you folks who are like'''oh!...he's so hot!" ...now waddaya think?...not so hot after all!....imagine if he had his current receding hairline with his original nose...OY!!... :doh: :lol:
[snapback]407153[/snapback]​

i know he's had work done...and i still think he's hot. :P

Originally posted by Spike413@Oct 26 2004, 01:08 PM
Well, at least he looks better now..... :innocent:

btw, missed ya grey!
[snapback]407275[/snapback]​

thanks spike... :flower: :P
it's good to be home... :wink:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 26 2004, 10:00 AM

[snapback]407153[/snapback]​

i think he was kinda hot then too...in that 70s shaun cassidy way. he's really hot now. :brows:

Originally posted by kimair@Oct 27 2004, 02:23 PM
i think he was kinda hot then too...in that 70s shaun cassidy way. he's really hot now.  :brows:
[snapback]408350[/snapback]​
That's who his hair reminded me of, come to think of it I remember reading an interview where he talked about having feathered hair in the seventies when he was a kid.

Still think he looks better now though, receding hairline, new nose and all.

Gucci just isn't the same without Ford. He definately brought personality to the label.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RudaZuza2005
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->