(Former Cloak partner) Robert Geller's women's line, Harald

baklanyc

Yes, please
Reaction score
http://www.haralddesign.com/

(It's a Flash site so I can't link to the files)

There's something very easy yet complex about his sportswear, and I realize why it appeals to me: it (specifically the Fall 06 collection)reminds me a lot of much of the tailoring and details that appealed to me when he was still part of Cloak, back before the split circa F/W 2004. Robert always struck me as quintessentially Cloak at the time, because he dressed exactly like the looks that Cloak showed on the runways back then, on a daily basis. The details are there: the high, collarless, tailored shirts, the chunky knitwear, the piping and button details on the coats, the washed leathers - even the scarf styling that used to be on Cloak's runways that Robert always wore himself. This is essentially vintage FW 2004 Cloak, except for women... and I should know, because they look like my pieces from that season of Cloak, albeit softer and more feminine.

Now whether or not this is intrinsically Robert Geller's contribution to the line at the time or if he's too influenced by his former collaboration with Alexandre I don't know. Alexandre does favor his details, and where Alexandre began and Robert ended, I'm not sure. All I know is that
Cloak lost the streetsmart style that I loved about it when Robert left, replaced by a hard edged tailoring and cut that appeals to me less and less each season because it's more about conceptual tailoring rather than effortlessly cool lifestyle that just happens to be backed by patternmaking skill. And the fact that Alexandre took down all of the collections that were Geller/Plokov collaborations from the Cloak site leads me to unsubstantiated speculation.

But anyhow, I thought I'd start up this thread to help spread the word a bit. What do you think?

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks for that bakla:flower:

i think its really nice:heart::heart:...both collections.. hmm funny that u say it but i felt quite the same... i loved the fall 04 cloak collection a lot i think there was something very distinct about it.. im not saying that i dont like cloak but it seems to be getting more commercially inclined since the fall 05 collection.
i love ss06 but the latest collection didnt really impress me.. a couple of pieces but thats about it.. i know im contradicting my previous statements on the collection thread... sorry im way out of topic already..

back to harald.... i was wondering what happened to the other guy at cloak...im sorry about my ignorance but i never knew his name, nor what happened.. i hope he is doing well..i think this guy deserves a lot of credit altho i must say it is nothing groundbreaking. a new fave to the nyc list nevertheless.

new_dawn_fades said:
back to harald.... i was wondering what happened to the other guy at cloak...im sorry about my ignorance but i never knew his name, nor what happened.. i hope he is doing well..i think this guy deserves a lot of credit altho i must say it is nothing groundbreaking. a new fave to the nyc list nevertheless.
Yeah, nothing mind-bogglingly new, but it's cute. In my mind I can actually see women dressed in this stuff in the NYC streets... plus Robert was/is definitely soooo nice. People just didn't know about him because Cloak exploded after he left, but not because he left but it seemed just the time. Seems like a lot of TFSers responded best to FW04, I believer Geller's last collection with Plokov.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fall collection is really, really nice. Not too keen on the Spring.

totally agree with u bakla...and u too faust. i liked the fall a LOT too.. but i think the spring wasnt too bad. my fav cloak collections are ss04,fw04 and fw05. ss06 was really nice too but not fav material...i suppose cloak is missing its oomph factor(geller).

thanks bakla....
it's sort of chloe meets daryl k...

not bad...

:flower:

softgrey said:
thanks bakla....
it's sort of chloe meets daryl k...

not bad...

:flower:

Hi Softie!:flower:

I like the fall line! Springs not too bad.

the fall collection is beautiful. i like the short jackets and the scarves :smile: not a huge fan of the spring collection.

nice . . .! :heart:
agree w/soft abt the daryl k
could see myself wearing nearly all of it .
the fall collection is better though imo . . .

Yes...I agree with everyone about the fall collection being better - in fact, I could see myself wearing some of that fall stuff in spring/summer. The jackets and coats are especially nice.

they are lovely...
id wear all of their pieces.....
does anyone know how much these cost?

cloud9 said:
they are lovely...
id wear all of their pieces.....
does anyone know how much these cost?

The skirts are $450-ish, blouses seem to run from $400-600.

Very nice. I totally agree about Cloak as well.

thank you

Thanks for bringing this in, bakla :flower:

I really, really like this, it doesn´t seem to be too cute or girlish without looking like a women´s version of a menswear collection either. I much prefer fall above spring though, it does seem more unique and "theirs". Aren´t those skarves dip-dyed palestine skarves?

It's so strange that Butter is the only store in New York that carries it. :o

Amazing jackets and pretty tones of blacks. I really liked the spring collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellison1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->