French Sole

Discussion in 'Shoes, Shoes, Shoes' started by softgrey, Apr 5, 2005.

1. softgrey

softgrey flaunt the imperfection

French Sole Shoes

Can anyone please explain what this means?

any pics or examples would be very helpful...
    thanks!...:flower:

2. Luna

Luna offline.

Hm. Not sure.. but I'll ask someone who prob. knows tomorrow.

3. Aby

Aby Active Member

you want to know what are french soles, right? If so, that's ballet flat shoes like these ones. I hope I helped you.

Attached Files:

4. Luna

Luna offline.

Hm. I immediately thought this too.. but then I went off on a diff. tangent and thought it was some kind of sole technique when making shoes. :lol: I'm over-thinking... ;)

5. Kalista

6. As You Like It

As You Like It Proponent of Plaid

Heh, I was thinking something entirely different. I was thinking of a French Heel, or a Louis heel, which is the only high-heel style I like.

I've got to say, those little flats are awfully cute, though I'm not usually comfortable with slip-ons. I need at least an ankle strap or something across the instep. I guess I walk too violently, but every time I try to wear that style of a shoe, I feel like I am going to lose one or the other!

#6 As You Like It, Apr 6, 2005
    Last edited by moderator scarletibis: Apr 6, 2005
  7. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

French Sole Sizing?

Does anyone here have a pair? Are they comfy and well made? Been meaning to get some online but am unsure about the sizing. Do they run smaller or larger and by how much? It's so hard to buy shoes online.

8. cosmocat

cosmocat Active Member

I have a pair. Very comfy, the leather is supple so they don't squash your toes, as other ballet flats can do! Mine lasted about two and a half years and I wore them everywhere out of school. The lining is starting to come out now so I'll buy some new ones. I think the size runs smaller but they stretch as you wear them, becoming looser. Intially, I thought mine were too tight but after wearing them for a bit, they were fine. Do you live in the U.K? If so, you could order a catologue from the website. It gives more details about the sizing. I'll see if I can find mine though.

9. Tinuviel

Tinuviel New Member

Oh they sound great! What size are you wearing?

10. cosmocat

cosmocat Active Member

Size 6. Before, when I bought them, I was 5 1/2 but with the growing and stretching they came to be the right size. I'm sorry to have to buy some more, I love my current ones. What colour were you interested in? I've just got plain black.

11. LilyGirl

LilyGirl New Member

I wear a 6 too and I find they are true to size.

12. satine112

satine112 Member

French Sole / London Sole

On the London Sole website, under wholesale it says it will make shoes for your store, etc. I am guessing they would do this under a different name and everything. Do you know what other "brand" shoes are really french/london sole?

13. Belle Princesse

Belle Princesse New Member

I have no idea to be honest I didn't even know 'London' Sole even existed till now, I'd only heard of French Sole. Maybe they just mean a unique design of their shoes considering you can actually get custom designed ones.

14. satine112

satine112 Member

yeah, you're probably right. London Sole/French Sole is the same thing, i just think that London Sole is where you can buy for USA. i don't know.

15. satine112

satine112 Member

actually, i'm really curious what the diff is. i know it's the same company, and London is based in cali, whereas French is in the UK. Can i order French Soles even though i live in usa? am i forced to order london??

16. She Sends Kisses

She Sends Kisses New Member

I ordered Frenchsoles from the Uk (I'm in US) b/c I heard they were better quality then the london sole. I really wanted them to be an everyday shoe that I wouldn't care about wearing out. But, I have only had them for a month and they have totally fallen apart. Not good for everyday.

17. satine112

satine112 Member

wow! you've had them for a month and they are falling apart!? that's horrible, considering how expensive they are. Did you have to pay any duty to pick them up?? What exactly is falling apart on them? Which style did you get? Sorry for all the q's. :)

18. She Sends Kisses

The leather is all pilled on the toe area, and the leather is so thin and looks seriously worn all over. I have walked a lot in them in the past month, but I am little dissapointed that it doesn't seem these shoes will make it through the spring. They are cute though for what they are, a simple no-frills flat.

19. She Sends Kisses

I didn't have to pay duty, just $30 shipping, but it was like $20 to have the london soles shipped from LA, and the london soles were more expensive

20. Eliza&co.

Eliza&co. New Member

They sound like actual ballet flats. It's dissapointing that they wear out so quickly. Oh well, I love my cheap Gap ballet flats, they hold up great!