French Sole

she sends kisses, thanks for all the info on your shoes! it's definately something to think of. my n.y.l.a. dede flats will work for now until i decide if i want to spend more on flats :smile:

I personaly believe that it depends on how you wear shoes. :flower: I`ve never had my shoes fallin apart, and I usually wear them a lot, whether my friend is a succer :P with shoes. It seams that every shoe she has has to fall apart :lol:

I wanted to order a french soles ballet flats, but now I am not that sure.But I never had my shoes fallin apart, ever....Now I dont know....Besides that are they nice looking and cute?

yes they do wear out quickly. I mean, I walk a lot in London, but I bought the french sole for kurt geiger flats and after 3 or 4 months the sole wore out and they have holes in both soles of the feet which is a bit disappointing.

Wow...had no idea French Sole were so makeshift...... considering the price I thought they'd be of higher quality than say Topshop/Office ballet flats.....

I'm really glad I saw this thread. I was considering buying a pair, but I think I'll pass. Thanks for the info!!

That's disappointing to hear. I've been thinking about buying a pair of French Sole's also. Can anyone recommend a good quality ballet flat that will hold up under extensive wear and isn't too expensive...under $100?

I live in french sole, I've been wearing 3 pairs for over a year now (every day) and they don't fall apart! I think london/french sole are the same company but I somewhere read on this forum they had to have a different name in the U.S because of legal issues? Also, the london/french sole website is almost the same so...

I wouldn't not get them. I live in the city so every shoe gets worn in if you walk a lot in them. At least with me. I got these so I won't wear out my nicer shoes.

I know the owners of both lines. French Sole and London Sole are different companies.

is french sole/london sole connected to repetto in any way? i have flats by both companies and they are really similar. i find them so comfy, but only because they are barely a shoe.

French Sole/London Sole are related in some fashion. I have always ordered from London Sole. However, in my most recent order of four pairs of flats, two of the boxes said French Sole. But, the French Sole name was covered by a large sticker that said London Sole. Don't know if that clears things up or adds to the confusion :P

I may still get a pair of French Sole quilted flats, I love my cheap ones form the likes or Top Shop and New Look, but the FS ones are quite cute...I gues it'll be ok if I just wear them once in a while.

urm.. I don't think their quality is *that* bad.
i have been wearing mine nearly every day for 2 months and they are still in good shape... :P

I'm quite surprised to hear of French Sole wearing out quickly. I bought a pair a few years ago and I'm still happy to wear them. On the Care tips sheet that came with them, it advised wearing them only indoors, as say 'party shoes', but I bought a pair of basic leather 'simple' style and they're still going strong. I wear them walking all around the city, going to classes etc and the sole is perfect. Take care of the leather like any shoe and it should be ok. I don't think you should be discouraged from buying them though, they are the best ballet flat I have come across, very elegant and well fitting, unlike many cheaper styles I have seen. If you are worried, buy one of the styles which is more for party wear, so you won't be encouraged to wear them so often. If you aren't concerned about them wearing out quickly, I suggest buying in a fun colour because my purple ones always really brighten up a plain outfit.

Here's what I've gathered:

French Sole is a British company. It is known as London Sole in the States because another company (French Sole New York, or FS/NY) had registered the French Sole name in the U.S.

Has French Sole NY always made ballet flats? And how do they compare to French Sole/London Sole?

Sigh... Ballet flats. So simple, yet so complicated.

So I purchased a pair of the gold lowcut ballet flats from London Sole. I wore them twice and after the second time, the right shoe was already showing signs of wear and tear!!! The gold was getting chipped off, there were lines and there were deep scratches in the right shoe.

If that's how their shoes look like after wearing it two times, I wonder what they will look like after 2 months? For $135, I was expecting something more durable! I'm now trying to get a refund/exchange but the SA said they have to examine the shoe to see that the fault is with the manufacturer and not with me. She had the nerve to tell me that the gold was spray painted on so if I bump into walls, cabinets, etc, I will naturally scratch the shoes and subsequently leave markings. Had I known that LS shoes were this sensitive, then I wouldn't have bought them! They're virtually unwearable!!!

spacer.gif
HEART AND SOLE
spacer.gif

"Ballets [pumps] have never looked as good as with those Biba dresses and their little puff sleeves and zips - they were so short that my father used to make me wear two pairs of knickers underneath mine!" recalls French Sole founder Jane Winkworth. "But that's how pumps should be worn. They're supposed to be indolent and sexy, slopped down a bit at the back and a bit scuffed up from where you've whipped them off and stuffed them in your handbag." With a fanbase that includes Kate Moss (who loves her black Pirouettes), Sienna Miller (who favours the Camilla) and Scarlett Johanssen (a fan of the Simple Cut in gold and black), French Sole's luxurious ballet flats are undisputedly an A-list style staple.

Endearingly, each pump has its own name - the Shilpa, for example, was named after Bollywood star Shetty, after Winkworth got hooked on last season's Celebrity Big Brother. Watch out for the more obscure ones; Winkworth also names her shoes after people she dislikes, making anagrams of their names - not that the shoes suffer, of course, by association. Winkworth - who found her fashion feet in the Sixties and started her business selling pumps bought whilst holidaying in the South of France at charity fairs, before setting up shop in 1993 - isn't modest when it comes to her business. "We've had a phenomenal amount of success," she tells the Evening Standard. "It's been a long career but I do think French Sole has single-handedly made ballerinas a fashion classic." And the 60-year-old entrepreneur has no intention of slowing down. She has just designed her first bridal range, the Confetti Collection, a new Pirouette label for larger sizes and this winter's collection, which was influenced by the lace, furs and brocades on the catwalks. (June 5 2007, AM)
vogue.co.uk

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->