FS YSL- Gucci Nominees

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Colette@Nov 6th, 2003 - 10:02 pm
we have to think what the name Yves Saint Laurent means for the majority of women,he is supposed to be the one who really invented the modern wardrobe.In a certain point of view,Jean Paul Gaultier is his logical heir.

And think about this:The Haute Couture at Yves Saint Laurent.Yves himself admitted he really missed it,and wanted to go back to design.The pret a porter collection would have to be in agreement with the Haute Couture.
:blush: u r welcome igni :flower:

now :woot: colette, you bring such interesting views here.
of course YVES 4 YSL and then he could train and choose his own succesor :woot: :heart: (i hope the P.P.R. people are lurking :lol: )

jean paul gaultier now, he could have done a cool ysl.
regardless his fresh hermes deal :sick: ,
ysl could be too close to the jpg label,
he's so heavily inspired by ysl archives. :wink:

welcome to tFS colette :flower:

Originally posted by Lena+Nov 6th, 2003 - 2:18 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lena @ Nov 6th, 2003 - 2:18 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Colette@Nov 6th, 2003 - 10:02 pm
we have to think what the name Yves Saint Laurent means for the majority of women,he is supposed to be the one who really invented the modern wardrobe.In a certain point of view,Jean Paul Gaultier is his logical heir.

And think about this:The Haute Couture at Yves Saint Laurent.Yves himself admitted he really missed it,and wanted to go back to design.The pret a porter collection would have to be in agreement with the Haute Couture.
:blush: u r welcome igni :flower:

now :woot: colette, you bring such interesting views here.
of course YVES 4 YSL and then he could train and choose his own succesor :woot: :heart: (i hope the P.P.R. people are lurking :lol: )

jean paul gaultier now, he could have done a cool ysl.
regardless his fresh hermes deal :sick: ,
ysl could be too close to the jpg label,
he's so heavily inspired by ysl archives. :wink:

welcome to tFS colette :flower: [/b][/quote]
Thanks a lot Lena!
But remember the rumors at the time of Yves's departure,we don't know exactly what happened but there was a "fight" between him and PPR (he left his House!),and the media here in France presented him as the victim in the conflict.I hope a reconciliation,he is so incredible.

:cry: i dont know! :cry:

this is truly going to be a surprise for me :doh:

i cant believe marc was mentioned :blink: sliman could be intereting, i would like to see him dsign for a woman.....Proenza Schuler hmmmmmm they can stick to their own :blink:

antcipation .......... :innocent:

you are all much more astute on fashion that i - i just like what i like and love clothes etc... know a fashion designer because I like their clothes and follow them only then, critical analysis etc is not my thing the fashion design side of it - the specifics I can get lost.... so this may appear as an idiotic statement but oh well...

when an established designer gets picked up from a big house like gucci, do you think he or she loses identity…. Or do you think they gain notoriety and it is definitely worth it…. For example I adore narciso… if he went to Gucci I would think Gucci….. and to me it would be sort of sad……was Tom Ford popular before Gucci or did Gucci name him a known designer?

why did stella leave Chloe to start her own if it is always a “promotion” to design for a big design house…. Am I showing my ignorance or what???

also, isn't stella at a disadvantage because she wont use fur or leather? does stella's line owned by something else

gaultier SHOULD do YSl, he has always whanted to , it would eb so ncie for him

hedi could do either beautifuly

i think mcqueen and viktor and rolf should stay right where they are. they are too brillant for such a commercial house like gucci.

i think jpg would be good for ysl.

Ghesquiere would be good for gucci.

I don't think putting one designer, from their choices, at both YSL Rive Gauche and Gucci is such a good idea. Lee, Hedi, Alber, Nicolas and V&R are fit for YSL Rive Gauche but are wayyy above Gucci.

Though, I still think Alexander and Nicolas should stay at the position they are at now. They are doing swell enough to not take hold the reign of another house. Alber, too, because when he arrived at Lanvin the critics were ecstatic and all collection, so far, were in critical acclaim.

As for Hedi and V&R, though they too are doing well, can take on another house. It just seems right.

If Jean Paul is going to YSL he has to do both Pret-a-Porter and Haute Couture or else he'll be lowering himself. He is on his way on becoming a Saint Lauernt in his own right. :wink:

For Gucci Zac Posen can. :flower:

If Jean Paul is going to YSL he has to do both Pret-a-Porter and Haute Couture or else he'll be lowering himself. He is on his way on becoming a Saint Lauernt in his own right.

:rolleyes:

Totally agree with this. JPG is a high level designer. I assume that Gaultier is perfect for YSL house not just because his ideas coincide with YSLs but also because his creativity will take YSL on a higher level.

The events of Tuesday, November 4th rocked my fashion world, I mean TOM FORD gone from GUCCI!!! Yikes!! What is a fashionista to do??? Does this mean no more logo c##k rings? What about Domenico? Will they go to Versace and ally with Santo, Donatella, and Allegra ( who will own most of the company next year when she turns 18)? The war is on. The battle lines have been drawn and Francois has struck the first blow. Will the LVMH Don, Arnault get into mix. He has made a call to Tom, reports say. Will Tom go to Givenchy or start his own label under LVMH? What about Tom Ford for Louis Vuitton and Marc Jacobs for Gucci? When is Marc's contract up at LV? The big question is who will replace the unreplaceable Tom Ford at Gucci and YSL? Viktor @ Rolf have momentum, they would be perfect at YSL ,also Alexander McQueen or a even a Olivier Theyskin. Gucci would be great with Narciso, Jack & Lazaro, Tomas Meir (Bottega Venetta), Rick Owens, even Heidi for GG would rock. Here is my wish list on what ifs:

Tom Ford for Dior Homme or any LVMH house ala Givenchy, Vuitton, Dior or
Tom Ford for Versace and keep Donatella at Versus
Heidi Slimane for Gucci
Jack & Lazaro for Gucci
Rick Owens for Gucci
Alexander McQueen at YSL
Olivier Theyskin at YSL
Viktor & Rolf at YSL

Hum ... I heard somewhere that JPG was a strong candidate to replace Lagerfeld at Chanel ....

Originally posted by Dreamer@Nov 7th, 2003 - 5:56 pm

Tom Ford for Dior Homme
Wouldnt it be weird that Tom will replace Galliano for Dior???

nobody should move Slimane from Dior Homme, he's doing the best job :wink:

:shock: Gaultier @ Chanel , that could be a real disaster

all this is scaring me. i dont want YSL to be even more creative than it is.... what is it gonna end up like? DIOR? :shock: PLEASE NO!!!!! :ninja:
i think YSL needs someone down to earth and who could at least make the house stay a bit sophisticated. :unsure:

dont worry leyla, there is only one Galliano around, if it goes to V&R there will be no worries, they 've turned commercial :wink: and they seem to know very well what they are doing (commercial wise)

no way can it be Stella............

'why?' you may ask yourselves..............one word..........LEATHER :wink:

But most likely Zac (Posen) will end up at YSL and Gucci. His shows were silently sponsored by the Gucci Group, critics say he can balance glamour on both levels (classy and in-your-face), he is a major new design talent and ALT said in his latest column that he can resurect the sleeping house of Shiaperelli.

I totaly think zac is going to get oen of tehas hosues, may be not btoh, but as igy said his shwos have been sponsored by gucci group, but it actually may change not that teh ehad gucci honchos are gone. I really dount see ford doing any thing with LVMH, and i think for LVMH to let hedi go would be the stupidest move tehy coudl make.

Originally posted by Lena@Nov 8th, 2003 - 3:58 am
nobody should move Slimane from Dior Homme, he's doing the best job :wink:

:shock: Gaultier @ Chanel , that could be a real disaster
No Lena, sorry for not being specific, I meat Tom Ford for Dior womenswear, replace Galliano... Hedi its the absolue for Dior Homme.. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->