"Funkshion"

ignitioned32

Mannikin
Reaction score
From fashionwiredaily.com :heart:
Miami Adds Another Fashion Week
“Funkshion” to preview international designers, styles

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

While South Beach's Moda in Miami event, Fashion Week of the Americas, has successfully showcased Latin fashion (and an abundance of shimmering skin) for the last six years, there’s a new Fash kid in town: “Funkshion” Fashion Week Miami kicks off Friday, March 5th.

After a soft opening last year sponsored by Maxim magazine, Funkshion is looking large for 2004 with designers Betsey Johnson, Nicole Miller, Marithé + François Girbaud and Sisley, along with sportier labels Converse, Stussy and Fila hitting the sunny tents on Miami's Ocean Drive. Sponsors include Bloomingdales, MAC, and Ciroc Vodka.

Aleksandar Stojanovic (known as Sale) is the owner of Miami-based 3B Productions, which produces “Funkshion.”  “The difference between “Funkshion” and Fashion Week of the Americas is that we have many labels from Europe and the U.S. as well as some from Latin America,” he told The Daily.  “Fashion Week of the Americas shows only Latin America designers. Music is also a central part of our project: designers bring their own DJ’s and we run at the same time as the Miami Winter Music conference. We are [also] trying to cover all aspects of fashion: a denim day, a couture day, a sportswear day.”

Only 300 select guests have access to the shows and after-parties during the 5-day exclusive event. “We have limited seats, many of which will be taken by buyers, editors and a few surprise guests,” Stojanovic added.

But the new event hasn’t shaken the old guard.  “We launched in 1999 and this year is our sixth annual event,” said Beth Sobol, President of Sobol Fashion Productions and the founder of Fashion Week of the Americas.  “We have introduced the top Latin American designers (who were already superstars in their own country), to the U.S. and internationally,” she told The Daily.

Fashion Week of the Americas has had a significant effect on South American designers.  Thanks to the event, Ruben Campos from Chile, Liz Cardenas of Ecuador, and Sandra Hurtado of Venezuela are now firmly established in the U.S. and European markets.

“Funkshion” starts March 5th and runs through March 10th.  Fashion Week of the Americas runs from May 12th to the 18th. 
TANYA JENSEN

somehow this is failing to catch my interest :ermm:

Does this mean we have to endure more Esteban Coretzer's(however you spell his name)?

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 25th, 2004 - 8:26 am
Does this mean we have to endure more Esteban Coretzer's(however you spell his name)?
Yes, cause madonna likes him :lol:

P.S. Did you get my message?

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 25th, 2004 - 6:26 am
god i hope not

miami sholdnt do fashion, may be bikinis :innocent: :sick:

Well I think it is interesting, although I am not enthused about the designers mentioned in that article...hopefully there will be others more interesting.

Miami is a large market with many people interested in fashion...they just need more options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->