Futuristic Looks

I like it when it's not inspired by the 60's movie Barbarella or Matrix...The first post is too Barbarella

Futuristic looks are fine, as long as they don't incorparate the ugly wide shoulders and a few other things that we saw back in the eighties.

it is an agressive trend but i like it particularly when paired with more classic pieces, to sort ot tune it down, after all walking down the street like the reencarnation of bobbi brown like above wouldnt be so flattering lol

Bruno Pieters
A/W 09-10

Obsessed with this collection

00090m.jpg
00130m.jpg

00170m.jpg
00180m.jpg

00200m.jpg
00220m.jpg

00240m.jpg
00250m.jpg

00260m.jpg
00290m.jpg

style.com

Two extraordinarily modern looks I've been considering lately..

Jennifer Connelly in Balmain S/S 09

connelly.jpg

Balenciaga
S/S 07

00070m.jpg

style

I love futurism and the best season for it was S/S 07 with Hussein Chalayan, Dolce & Gabbana and of course Balenciaga, which I consider one of the iconic example of exquisite futurism. These golden leggins are just epic!

00350m.jpg

style.com

Body armor gives me a futuristic, sci-fi, space age feel.

argosyrobertgraef.jpg

McQueen, Fall 2009:

am3.jpg

& Fall 2007 (reminds me of Dune:(
00220m.jpg
00200m.jpg

goldenagecomicbookstories.blogspot.com
fashionisto.com
style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
^I adore that golden McQueen's suit, it looked stunning on Caroline.

I feel like Hussein Chayalan does this look the best. His designs are just stunning.

Toshop Unique Fall 09
I actually liked some of this collection. It was a mixture of Grunge meets Futuristic
msc0tj.jpg

Style.com

Topshop Unique is really almost always fabulous. I like these looks. It reminds me of when Project Runway did a futuristic challenge thing -- one team came up with a sort of grunge/futuristic look.

I think the futuristic look was more into movies and comics that into real life at least the way we imagine watching those movies... I dont think thats gonna be a big change or a big revolt cause we do always feel living in the present not in the future we have seen on the movies or comics cause that's just fiction... present is always more unexpected...and now i think we are into a mix of revivals... all coming together...

I think futuristic trends are great, i think bringing back past trends is getting really worn out....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"