Gabriela Hearst S/S 2024 New York

This time, the tailoring was ok for her standards. Look #11 is just a criminal offence and the rest is, well, just her regular stuff nobody would get excited about. At least now she can fully devote herself to the namesake brand.

Sometimes I see individual products at the department stores and I actually don't think they look bad. Nothing crazy, but a nice coat or dress that is completely wearable for the 40+ age demo. But then I see the shows/campaigns and everything looks SO depressing that I feel like she has some serious issues with styling?

XOR5odTr_o.jpg

(imgbox.com)

Frankendress!!!

Me to Gabriela Hearst:

Also, I just saw how expensive her designs are. For her FW23 collection (just released now), she has tank tops running for $1'090 with most of the collection sitting between $2'000 to $4'000. She's not the only one either. It's like these independent American brands are trying to out-price their European counterparts.

Last edited by a moderator:
There’s this weird collage lace dress that looks like fun.
The rest is standard fare beige L.A. uniforms. Somehow all these crafty n crusty beige collections that were seeing at a lot of designers are derived from raf simons’ Jil Sander ss 2010 collection.

A strange feat being able to make something look not only so slouchy, but incredibly stiff and boxy at the same time. Props to yah Gabriela.

It's like the almond mum to Ludovic's femboy twinks and despondent dolls.

Me to Gabriela Hearst:

Also, I just saw how expensive her designs are. For her FW23 collection (just released now), she has tank tops running for $1'090 with most of the collection sitting between $2'000 to $4'000. She's not the only one either. It's like these independent American brands are trying to out-price their European counterparts.

She’s going to experience financial setbacks very soon with them prices.

Victoria B. In the making

^I'm not so sure about that. The company is actually small and yet, they are trying to position themselves as the American equivalent of Hermes. If they have a network of faithful consumers, and I believe that's the case here, they can survive. Beckham, on the other hand, is a whole different case and even her brand is becoming a profitable one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BazzAstrall1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->