Gabriela Hearst - Designer

^That's why I thought the story from WWD with her and the CEO was a damage control, as it got released almost immediately after the Miss Tweed article on how Gabriela is disliked at the brand.

^That's why I thought the story from WWD with her and the CEO was a damage control, as it got released almost immediately after the Miss Tweed article on how Gabriela is disliked at the brand.

Touche! It definitely threw me off the scent.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is a real B and yes, she got a Chloe job through connections and all, ahem, the LVMH stake. Her namesake brand never really took off than before she joined Chloe. She was making unpractical IT bags but then everything dulls down. Her stuff are just not exciting. Most of the stuff that brought back Chloe popularity has less to do with her designs and visions but all the collabs they did. The Barbour, Teva, Eres. The alphabet and signs jewelry are from before her. The logo tote bag definitely was not her idea but they do sell very well. Her original bags at Chloe are horrendous.

Fantastic news!
I’m not surprised by the reports about her being difficult to work with.
You needs a bit of humility to work in a studio in Europe, specially France. And from her look unfortunately, you can sense the arrogance of « well-born » people.

That’s one done. The list of « designers who have to go » is still long: Williams at Givenchy, Kim Jones at Fendi…etc.

Bye, B*tch!

I would love to see Olivier Theyskens taking over at Chloe.
he's one of the few left who can handle edgy romance in fashion.
Please, leave that man alone lol.
Him + another brand clearly doesn’t work. Can’t he just be great on his own?

Please, leave that man alone lol.
Him + another brand clearly doesn’t work. Can’t he just be great on his own?

i will not :smile: it worked out quite well at Rochas for 5 years.

i know he's a free spirit and might get crushed by the risen demands of a big fashion house, but i also heard that he's still kind of struggling to keep his own label afloat - even he got all the huge public praise for his latest collections and there's a waiting list for his patchwork gowns which take loads of time and effort to make.

Why not someone within the team? If I remember correctly, I think some of the team members are here since Clare.

i will not :smile: it worked out quite well at Rochas for 5 years.

i know he's a free spirit and might get crushed by the risen demands of a big fashion house, but i also heard that he's still kind of struggling to keep his own label afloat - even he got all the huge public praise for his latest collections and there's a waiting list for his patchwork gowns which take loads of time and effort to make.
Lool. I feel you but I always see his name thrown around on TFS. I like him but come on, it’s not like he can be at the helm of all the brands around either.

‘The saddest thing for him is that he has proved the commercial viability of his work.

Rochas was almost 2 decades ago.

What he needs maybe is a boost like a Couture collection with Gaultier. It’s now a rendez-vous people expect in the industry and while we have yet to see the impact it had for Haider (we will see if his name is around in the next mercato) or even Glenn (Diesel is good but he needs more), it would be great for exposure for his own line.

I would rather dream for Olivier to be able to operate with his own name and do a collab with Gaultier than be at the helm of whatever house.

The difficult thing for him is to find a clientele and speak to that clientele to maintain operations. There are designers with less brand awareness that manages to do it and I think he can.

^ she's a bit late to the party.

Celebrity Designers these days are like the equivalent to dinosaurs shortly before the end of the Mesozoic Era.

Angie, Pharell, Rihanna, Lindsay... their egos are much more impressive than their fashion sense.

^ she's a bit late to the party.

Celebrity Designers these days are like the equivalent to dinosaurs shortly before the end of the Mesozoic Era.

Angie, Pharell, Rihanna, Lindsay... their egos are much more impressive than their fashion sense.

Totally! While most things look amazing on her I never got the impression she was in anyway into fashion.

It’s a zero risk venture for celebs, so I can’t entirely blame them for cashing in. I assume it was the suits that thought this would be a good idea. No matter how badly it turns out they still walk away unscathed with their original career intact.

I used to love Chloe so much so am always hoping it will find it’s way back but seems like they are more interested in investing in an extremely costly collab.

^ But it's a collab for the Jolie's new fashion venture, it's definitely not Angelina for Chloé kind of situation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->