Gabriela Hearst - Designer

^ Definitely not. I think they'll either beg Clare Waight Keller to come back, and allegedly they've been in the process already, or hire another, perhaps younger woman-designer.

IMO they should replace the CEO first. He's clearly unable to find the right fit for the brand.

Last edited:
Why not someone within the team? If I remember correctly, I think some of the team members are here since Clare.
No, Gabriela came with a full studio full of savoir faire that was born with Clare’s first Jane How boho collection and stayed all thé way through Natacha until thé first GH. Then everyone either jumped or fell off the ship.
She left an empty mess with people coming and going every few months. I highly doubt anybody from that golden age would be welling nor considered to take the reins.

Last edited:
^ Definitely not. I think they'll either beg Clare Waight Keller to come back, and allegedly they've been in the process already, or hire another, perhaps younger woman-designer.

IMO they should replace the CEO first. He's clearly unable to find the right fit for the brand.
I doubt Clare would come back.
I think they will take on somebody they think can replicate Clare’s boho aesthetic. I think it will be unsuccessful.
I completely agre until Bellini is there this brand will be unsuccessful, to go further I sincerely hope at one point Kering will be able to snatch it from richemont. Probably after the next DA will give the final strike to the brand.

I would actually love a Hannah Macgibbon comeback.

Totally agree! I really loved her Chloe, much more than any of the other designers who came after. Her spring 2010 show was superb - she really understood the Chloe woman.

I think Chloe has been at its best when interpreted by the Brits... it's maybe got to do with a sense of practicality and functionality, and how that balances the softness and femininity of the house codes.

I liked Natacha Ramsay Levi's collections, but her approach was much more Parisian, I think.

I'll go out on a limb and say - Grace Wales Bonner should get the Chloé job. I think she would do great things for the brand.
She’s a menswear designer let me remind you

In a way, Hearst appointment and Waight Keller or Ramsay Levi before, suggested a desire from the brand to move forward and let the overwhelming shadow of Philo behind.

‘The brand needs a woman that will incarnate and not just create for the brand. And obviously, despite the brand aesthetic being rooted in a certain idea of French bohemian, nobody does it like Marant. And there’s no Sonia Rykiel anymore. They needs a British designer obviously…For that kind of international boho-chic.

The brand is much more than what it has been presented.

A bunch left to go work for Isabel Marant.

That explains why her bags are finally appealing.
She was clever and pragmatic.

I don't disagree! But I hear she's been approached to do a lot of things and has been very picky.
Some years ago, there was some buzz that she would replace Phoebe at Celine...I wonder if she was ever actually approached for the job. In any case, I think it's great that she's being picky!

Clare is Not coming back. That woman is Not stupid.
In Paris there’s some really unfortunate rumors.
Not that I was expecting better than GH.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bronzevenus
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->