Gap Design Edition S/S 2007 : Stella, Carmen and Liya by Inez & Vinoodh

kimair

frozen
Reaction score
from wwd...

040407_43.jpg

040407_44.jpg

040407_45.jpg

"We are absolutely invested in emerging talent. Part of us has always been about celebrating young designers," said Marka Hansen, president of Gap North America, in an interview Tuesday. She elaborated on Gap's new limited edition collection for women called Gap Design Editions, which will be created by Doo-Ri Chung, Thakoon Panichgul and Rodarte's Kate and Laura Mulleavy.

Starting April 17, the collection will be sold in 100 larger Gap stores. It will be supported with advertising in The New York Times, Vogue, a WWD cover wrap, and store windows. It's a small step and one of many by Gap to help spruce up its tired image.

"We are being opportunistic," Hansen said. Asked if designers with bigger reputations might be recruited as guest creators, Hansen replied: "I would not rule out anything."

The project for these designers was simple — create white shirts, which the chain has been selling for 35 years. "It's the perfect iconic item," said Hansen.

The designers won't have their names on the products, but will appear in ads and in collateral materials making them readily identifiable to customers, Hansen said.

A print and outdoor advertising campaign will featuring Stella Tennant, Liya Kebede and Carmen Kass, and shot by Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin. Clearly, the San Francisco-based chain is not skimping on talent even though Gap Design Editions, or GDE, will only retail from $68 to $88. Gap is said to have donated more than $1 million to the fund. Further fastening the connections among the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund and the retailer is Vogue's May cover, which has a gatefold featuring all nine GDE styles.

Carmen! :clap: Liya looks great too... I can't stand Stella though, but eh well. It looks so fun.

Haha that guy looks tiny next to Carmen.

GAP sure likes to use the same models over and over again...

another pic...nytimes.com
it's actually been a while since gap used stella tennant...
she's perfect for them...

40op8nc.jpg

Really pretty, simple campaign! Though I have say, I think Doo-Ri looks so incredibly cute in her shot with Stella, nice contrast!

I <3 Thakoon's pic, he's dashing yet so vertically challenged and adorable.

Eh....and the shirt is great too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->