Gap - The Campaign Archive

atomic said:
But she's so boring.

What makes her boring ?

She has her style and she sticks to it - it suits her and it works for her - why change - i suppose she could just become another blonde trailer park trash type as we really don't have enough of them !

:wink:

I really don't like her music or her, overall. Like Kimkhuu said, she's so generic.

Posh Princess said:
What makes her boring ?

In my opinion, not only her music, but her style just doesn't appeal to me at all. I'm not saying she has to become another trashy bimbo, but she should mix it up a bit. It's like she blends into the background.

egh I'm sure she's a nice girl but can't stand her or her music.

Gap F/W 2005 advertising

from wwd...i've also seen some models in the print campaign, including carolyn murphy, helena christensen and alek wek:

Jeans and music: It’s a pairing that makes intuitive, if not logical, sense. It’s also the cornerstone of Gap’s fall campaign, which is organized around the idea of personal favorites.

In the campaign’s most innovative aspect, Gap will partner with iTunes for a nationwide denim promotion running Aug. 8-31. During that time, anyone who tries on a pair of jeans in a Gap store will receive a coupon for a free download from the iTunes online music service.

The promotion is aimed at getting shoppers to try out the retailer’s new denim fits. There are three new ones for women — curvy, straight and original — and one for men, straight.

The new fits are also the focus of Gap’s fall ad campaign. Created by Laird + Partners, the ads feature eight music stars, including Joss Stone, who has replaced Sarah Jessica Parker as Gap’s most visible spokesperson in the summer campaign. (The others are Alanis Morissette, John Legend, Jason Mraz, Keith Urban, Liz Phair, Brandon Boyd of Incubus and Michelle Williams of Destiny’s Child.)

The TV spots, directed by Francis Lawrence, show the musicians performing cover versions of some of their favorite songs while modeling a variety of denim fits. The commercials break in late August, while the print ads, shot by Michael Thompson, will roll out in the September issues of magazines including Vanity Fair, Vogue, In Style and Lucky. Ads touting the iTunes promotion will also run concurrently in weekly titles including People, Us and Entertainment Weekly. The songs featured in the commercials will also be collected on a CD that will be given away in Gap stores beginning Sept. 1 to customers who spend at least $60.

Gap is really trying to sell their jeans. I remember a couple months ago my girlfriend and I were shopping and we wanted to see what was going on in Gap...they were giving away $50 gift certs to anyone who tried on their jeans. It was fun...we tried on jeans...got the gift cert and went on about our day. :ninja:

I hope it turns out well, my favourite gap ads were of last summer with Luca and Jessica Miller. I thought those were great, very memorable.

I think they were by Peter Lindbergh.

It's great that they were able to gather all of my least favorite musicians into one big ad campaign.

well you may hav 2 invest in blinders coz u just cant ignore the gap!

Loulou de la Falaise for GAP by Steven Meisel c. 1993.

ellastica scan

Why thank you that's great!

i just saw these and came here to see if there was more, but alas.
"Gap Jeans Spring 2000 MODEL: males unknown, Fernanda Tavares, Malgosia Bela, Noemie Lenoir, Natane Adcock,Maggie Rizer, Missy Rayder, Karen Elson, Rhea Durham and Emily Sandberg PHOTO: Steven Meisel"

info and pics from ma-collection-de-pubs.com

Emma Balfour by Patrick Demarcherlier c. 1993

love, love this campaign. Emma channeling Edie Sedgwick:

Posted by hfgl via bwgreyscale.com

Has anyone got Jamie Rishar's photos from this campaign?

Patti Hanson by Mario Testino c. 1996?
adv_3323.JPG

bwgreyscale.com

Claudia Mason by Patrick Demarchelier 1993
adv_2634.JPG

bwgreyscale.com

Elizabeth Moses by Mario Testino 1996 :heart:
4319784216_2baf74f550_z.jpg

ellastica scan

Jill Hennessy

Does anyone remember that Actress Jill Hennessy was in a Gap Winter Sales Advert? I think it was during 2002, 2003 or 2004 does anyone have those Pictures?​

GAP Fall/Winter 1996
Photographer: Mario Testino
Models: Jakob Prüfer & Patty Hansen

Fanstastic campaign. I can feel the 'sunkissed' energy these two are giving off; 90s minimalism rocked:^_^
96august22.jpg

malemodelretro.info

GAP Fall/Winter 1996
Photographer: Mario Testino
Models: (L to R) Athena Curry, Kim Iglinsky, Elizabeth Moses, Kristina Kruse & Jakob Prüfer
28633_96-fw-745_122_939lo.jpg

malemodelretro

GAP Fall/Winter 1995
Photographer: Patrick Demarchelier
Models: (L to R top to bottom) Mayan Keret, Jason Lewis, unk, unk, Irina Pantaeva, Joy Bryant, rest unk.
91942_95SEP4_122_253lo.jpg

malemodelretro

Jaye Davidson for the GAP 1992 by Annie Leibovitz.
jaye_davidson_gap_533.jpg

source: godsebook.org

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->