Gareth Pugh F/W 11.12 Paris

Dear Michele Lamy

Please let Gareth play with his monsters, again.

Thank you
no10895

edit: in all seriousness, I'd rather buy his old pieces than the current ones. THe footwear is a mix between the fw10 wedges and what he did for ss11.

I like that shade of blue, but i'd rather see him using red, like before.
I love this collection, but it really looks like some robot rick owens stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's pretty but it's SOOOOOOOOOOOO last season. He re-did last collection but with a few colour changes.

I do feel that some of this is really similar to some of his previous collections but the vibe here is definitely harder and stronger. I am a sucker for this style. I only wish the last four looks, the gold ones, weren't included as there was quite frankly too much gold. I like how he used the blue, quite refreshing to see some colour in his colour palette.

the men's pieces are far too "matrix"-y. Some of the women pieces can look great on the street.

I completely agree I miss the excitement and theatrics of Mr Pugh. I will hold out to see a video and whether the theatrics can be found in the mood and the music, but his London shows used to be so exciting. I think he has fallen in to a trap of trying to be this chic glossy parisian brand, when really he should concentrate on what he does best and put on a show.

Does anyone know if Galliano or McQueen went through a phase like this where they toned down their message, before they became great again. I know McQueen had the odd toned down show but I never remember a seasons lull for either of them.

Probably no new fabrics, but still.... the cuts and colors are amazing! That vibrant blue and the gold :heart:

I like the gold towards the end, though I don't really see the point of the blue outfits...

^^ just to prove he does use something other than black. Albeit just 5 outfits.

this man really has proved he needs a house over which to exercise his will. he has proven his mastery with cut, but with this collection, there's such beautiful signs of evolution and growth. the use of color and metallics in particular shows that even gareth pugh has an eye for trend while maintaining a sense of self so profound that his total looks haunt their viewers.

with that said, some of this stuff should make rick owens shake in his boots because while styled in a way to create lasting impact on the runway, much of this stuff would look so right incorporated into a modern cosmopolitan wardrobe. what big city party girl couldn't make magic happen in that pieced leather mini?

I can't speak to his growth/possible lack thereof/whatnot, but by itself I'm into the look of Black Templars transitioning through blue into Paladins. I appreciate the eye blinding gold as much as the dark looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->