Gareth Pugh S/S 10 New York / Paris

Oh my, this just SUCKS big time... Those people complaining about Rad Hourani not evolving sufficiently enough from season to season should take a closer look here. This is looking costume-y and gimmick-y as ever, and the feathered headpiece held at the ears... it looks like a complete rip-off of the one Alexander McQueen had in his 'shipwrecked' collection from 2002 (?) - I actually remember having seen it a couple times worn by Björk on stage.

wasnt that an earpiece?
way too much credit for pugh to compare it with that

this is lacking the construction i love about gareth pugh so much.
i dont hate it as much as everyone else does. but i was disappointed as i am usually a fan.

I was expecting much more, hated the all-grey theme.
But I guess the more boring the more wearable...

*My video*
Gareth Pugh S/S 10 Paris
you can see Rihanna, Rick Owens, Karlie K, Magda F., Anna S......etc...^_^
Enjoy !:wink:

it's really disappointing for me I have to say. it's true that some people say he still hasnt prove anything yet. but he's getting all the fuss and attention which is becoming overrated now.

it is sad as I was really looking forward to seeing this collection~

It there any menswear pix? I found they are more interesting than womenswear.

The Requiem for a dream soundtrack is a good election. Thanks for the video!

I like it a lot :ninja: (even though I see a ton of McQueen in it) I think it is fun and more my style than a lot of the stuff I've been seeing this season or maybe I just hate pastels and neon that much :lol:. I want to see some more shots of the shoes and why so few looks. I think Gareth's first Paris (s/s 09) show was his high point or at least for now.

I like the gloves and the 'shredded' pants. I'd wear them.

With some riding boots, f*ck yeah!

capt.charly, thanks for the vid! dancorpse, the menswear... looks just like the womenswear

Huh, after seeing this derivative "collection", I really think that video of the cube actually irritates me less.

Please do not compare him to Rick Owens - Owens experiments with his cut every season even though the collections are always distinctly RO. Pugh is a one-trick pony, right up there with Rodarte.

I think it's beautiful actually...just so watered down for Gareth Pugh. I used to hate his outlandish designs but now I miss the showmanship. He's found a happy medium before, I'm sure he'll get back to the swing of things sooner than later.

Not sold on this collection, but I'll post the menswears anyway

wwd
garethpugh02.jpg
garethpugh04.jpg

garethpugh06.jpg
garethpugh07.jpg

garethpugh09.jpg
garethpugh13.jpg

I like some of the outfits, but sadly some of this feels irrelevant. there is too much rick owens going on, it feels very "mastered" by him.

It scream Rick all over. Aren't they friends? Anyway I luv the collection a lot.

It scream Rick all over. Aren't they friends? Anyway I luv the collection a lot.

Yes, Rick is often called Gareth's "mentor". So in some ways I suppose it's not that surprising that the influence is clearly there, but I think you have to be careful with such things so that it isn't so obvious and overshadow your own vision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acctforstylethings
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"