Gareth Pugh S/S 10 New York / Paris

This is terrible. I'm all for gender ambiguity in fashion but are you kidding me? So uninspired, sloppy, and not to mention pretentious from the very start (video preview). I'm loving how miserable Snejana looks to be a part of this :lol:

Also, wasn't that video trying to mix elements of fire, wind, earth and water? Where the hell does that even fit into the collection itself? The collection is the very opposite of any of those concepts, I'd say... to put it simply I would describe it as "dead". If the video had mixed in elements of, I don't know- rock.. dust... smog... anything boring... I'd see perfectly how it corresponds to the collection.

I feel like he's trying so hard to be artistic, that instead of channeling different emotions and inspirations, he's just sitting down thinking "How do I make a "statement"? How can I seem dark and moody and twisted?"...

:lol: totally thought the same about the video. you would expect the collection to be outstanding with a "teaser" video. he was interesting once, now like you said, he's becoming so pretentious.

dream world meets Victorian nightmare?
i am somewhat in love

it seems more wearable than last few seaons. some pieces are quite good.

still the same workt , that he did already before ! too bad! not improved yet !

i actually really like this; i think it's ridiculously cool. and i absolutely love the Requiem For a Dream soundtrack.

Thanks to the internet I have the attention span of a gnat. I watched 3 seconds of the video (which I thought was generous) before switching off.

Now I just think he's a prententious tw*t. Just show your clothes Gareth! In the words of Danny Glover - I'm too old for this sh*t.

:DYour comment made me laugh so hard. It's so true I could not wait around either.

Hey there - anyone got a link where I can see a clip of the whole show? I'd only find disappointing 2 minute-clips on youtube so far ...

i'm honestly enraptured by the young gareth pugh and can't wait to see what he does next however there's a strong part of me that longs to see how these clothes would translate into real life. it's a major coup for him to get someone as relatable as rihanna -- love her or hate her -- to sit in his front row, but one must wonder whether she'll actually have the ability to pull this stuff off.

with such a strong point of view, i'd love to see him get groomed to revive one of the ailing houses: dior, perhaps? i mean, with menswear like that, he'd single-handedly revive dior homme.

^ditto tricot and mutter. seriously,the derived nature this is,it's really lame.

OT-why was adrien grenier in attendance? all i ever see him in is abercrombie-style jeans and t's. i seriously cannot stand attention wh*res.

:rofl::rofl::lol::lol::clap: about Adrien Grenier......blame Paris Hilton for him. Spring 09 was so much better than this... the see through hoodies, like who else besides women who have appropriate cleavage is gonna wanna wear that?

Suddenly ppl become so negative towards him, anyway this collection is quite weak, SS 09 was his best IMO.

A few nice pieces. Not-bad, not-bad. A bit Rick Owen-ish. One of the male models looks like a tooth pick. He should really eat.

It saddens me to see all these negative comments. What is it you see that is so different from the rest of the shows to make this so terrible? Pretentious? What does it even mean?
Someone said there's nothing even remotely wearable in this collection. Really? I couldn't disagree more. I find it interesting and well made.

attachment.php

thefashionspot

This is Margiela.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->