Gareth Pugh S/S 10 New York / Paris

^Madame Owens support Gareth since the early London collections.

The menswear is very repetitive. 3 walking looks would be way enough.
Not excited at all (though sure some access would look cool in editorials sure you can do sthg nice with the corset and the headpiece. easy but nice). But I would like to see some of the jkts in real.

Zazie:
Please do not compare him to Rick Owens - Owens experiments with his cut every season even though the collections are always distinctly RO. Pugh is a one-trick pony, right up there with Rodarte.

Wonderful. That is really the big GREY elephant in the room!

Thank you very much for the video, Mike Marceau. Welcome to TFS. It's quite a debut film!

Zazie:

Wonderful. That is really the big GREY elephant in the room!

Thank you very much for the video, Mike Marceau. Welcome to TFS. It's quite a debut film!

Merci. :flower: Je vous en prie!^_^

You're welcome. I could potentially have videos from many shows this week, but after this thing took 5 hours to upload to Vimeo, (since the video is over 10 minutes, too long for YouTube) I have to give the whole thing second thoughts.

over rated ...his fall collection was great but lets get real, this looks ripped of rick owens and those head pieces are trying to hard to be Mcqueen.

You're welcome. I could potentially have videos from many shows this week, but after this thing took 5 hours to upload to Vimeo, (since the video is over 10 minutes, too long for YouTube) I have to give the whole thing second thoughts.

Oh wow, maybe try Dailymotion? The video was great and captured the true feeling!

Eh, it is okay, looks like everything else he has ever done. I don't get any sense of progression in this at all.

Gareth is all smoke-in-mirrors. He uses all these 'wild' antics to hide his short-comings as a designer. His work is repetitive and incredibly dire. Even when he manages to come up with a good idea - the black and white collection, for instance - he beats it into the ground. Instead of expanding on an idea, he'd rather clone it due to a lack of depth and imagination.

I am so unimpressed. Past season, even when I haven't been a fan, his work was well constructed and interesting. Here, everything looks sloppy and redundant.

actually the quality/construction is better than ever, it's just the ideas that are uninspired and have gone downhill.

I vote he stops trying so hard

This is terrible. I'm all for gender ambiguity in fashion but are you kidding me? So uninspired, sloppy, and not to mention pretentious from the very start (video preview). I'm loving how miserable Snejana looks to be a part of this :lol:

Also, wasn't that video trying to mix elements of fire, wind, earth and water? Where the hell does that even fit into the collection itself? The collection is the very opposite of any of those concepts, I'd say... to put it simply I would describe it as "dead". If the video had mixed in elements of, I don't know- rock.. dust... smog... anything boring... I'd see perfectly how it corresponds to the collection.

I feel like he's trying so hard to be artistic, that instead of channeling different emotions and inspirations, he's just sitting down thinking "How do I make a "statement"? How can I seem dark and moody and twisted?"...

I wonder if Mr. Pugh got the memo this is a Spring-Summer season?...

The craftsmanship is incredible. I really like the direction Gareth is going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rare
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->