Gareth Pugh F/W 2018.19 London

The 80s gigantic shoulders trend goes on...Demna be damned!!

That makeup.... They stopped using Alex Box and switched to Val Garland for THIS?

I see a lot of Margiela in this.
Pugh has done 80's Powerwoman for quite some time now but this time, the big shouders are a little bit more abstract and complex (despite being not as flawless as it should be in terms of execution). It does reminds me of what Margiela did in his last few seasons and what his team has continued to do after.

I really like all the black looks and i think that it somehow looks more modern and less cliché than before. But god! Gareth has such a 2008 vision of "fierce"! It's laughable at this point.

Gareth is very limited by putting the same again and again on the runway, a pity, would love to see some more versatility.

Granted it's not really out of his wheelhouse, but I love it all the same.

he should be doing costume design...
surely, this is costume...

I see a lot of Margiela in this.
Pugh has done 80's Powerwoman for quite some time now but this time, the big shouders are a little bit more abstract and complex (despite being not as flawless as it should be in terms of execution). It does reminds me of what Margiela did in his last few seasons and what his team has continued to do after.

I really like all the black looks and i think that it somehow looks more modern and less cliché than before. But god! Gareth has such a 2008 vision of "fierce"! It's laughable at this point.

i agree...

Again the same, with this horrible shoulders which i liked years and years ago...
But it's not bad at all, Pugh on his own as every season.

I would lie if I went against this. My "visual" identity is very much this Blade Runner meets Matrix meets Working Girl - an angry, dark, retro-futuristic, rock'n'roll working woman". I like it, I could wear the wool looks everyday (I actually own a pair of pants similar to the ones on the 4th look).

BUT:

This is not his strongest collection, I'm afraid. It is a bit too derivative of his own work. I prefer when he plays with lighter (the material itself, not colour wise) fabrics as it really puts him away of his comfort zone and I'm really tired of the way he works the leather (be it matte or shiny) too.

The 80s gigantic shoulders trend goes on...Demna be damned!!

In his defense, he's been reviving the trend for some time now. But I'm ready for him to move on from this exaggerated power dressing. There are some winning looks regardless, and compared next to what we've been seeing in New York, this would be miles ahead. Miles!

In his defense, he's been reviving the trend for some time now. But I'm ready for him to move on from this exaggerated power dressing. There are some winning looks regardless, and compared next to what we've been seeing in New York, this would be miles ahead. Miles!

Yes, I know Gareth is also a fan of shoulder pads; but I mentioned Demna because he was the one putting such huge shoulder pads back on the trend again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->