Garnier Caffeine Eye Roll On

I've been wanting to know about this too! I hate spending money on skincare that doesn't work, I've heard good reviews about this online, but I've had bad luck with garnier in the past.

I have one; it's a handy product for refreshing the undereye area when I wake up. I find it tightens the skin slightly - but it does zero for dark circles and anyone with serious puffing will need a stronger product.

I bought it during a half-price offer from Superdrug; I wouldn't pay the full price for this product, but if you can get it for around £4, it's not bad value. I've had my 'tube' for a few months and use it about four days a week, once in the morning, and I've only used up about a sixth of the product.

It's a pleasant little gadget to use, as the metal rollerball feels cooling to the skin, and there's no mess. When the product does run out, I might consider keeping the 'tube' to use as a facial massager.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I got this like a year ago when I saw the TV ad, it looked so enticing and I'm very easily swayed by advertsing. Thus I had to try it. Here's a breakdown, I opened it expecting something quite elegant, instead I got a creepy little flubber style ghostbuster HOT MESS of a green tube with a tacky sticker. On the plus side it's very portable and fits in a purse, even a small purse and is just a little shorter than the average mascara tube.

I put it on and instantly there was a tightening of the skin (not painful at all just like someone airbrushed the bottom of my eyelid). So after I did one eye, I left it a few seconds and I DID notice a difference from one eye to the other. It's a bit like a lip plumper in that sense, it gives imidiate gratification. So like a crazed woman I kept rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling rolling it on. IT'S SO DAMN COOLING, so the advertsing is not lying, it's very light and fresh feeling. However after I clearly over used it, it did leave a film under my eye lid which was gross. Please keep it mind I seriously did over use it for it to leave a (temporary) film, otherwise it's supremely light. It was like anything "If I use more I'll look more beautiful" but in fact it's like when you use too much blush or bronzer cuz you think it gives you more contoured cheek bones but actually you look like a clown. Don't worry about a gross film. Now, also like a lip plumper the effect is short lived. It does nothing for dark circles. I can't imagine how this would reduce puffiness other than the cooling, but then you can put two small spoons in the fridge and use them for a cooling effect, but this is more convinient. Now I never repurchsed this because essentially it does nothing, nothing permanant and certainly nothing that improves the under eye area over time. It's just a novelty cooling stick. Don't over use it, it doesn't harm/effect the eyes but it can make you blink a bit if you use too much. It seriously only cools so please don't expect a bargin drug store miracle in a funky tube. It's no touche eclat. It's just a novelty item, It smells pleasant and very light/fresh. It's just fun. It is also true that after the first few days you use it, the effect there after is not noticeable, I don't know if my eyes got acoustomed to it or if it really did stop working. Try it by all means, but I doubt it'll become anyone's holy grail.

I apply it once, in a tiny sweep about 2cm, at the outside corner of my lower eyelid, and it does the trick. It's worked every time I've applied it, to tighten the area, to perk up the lower eyelid while I'm getting ready. About five minutes later, I start applying make-up.

It sorts out a very superficial puffiness to my lower eyelid that would naturally go away in time, during the course of the morning, but using this product sorts it out much faster.

To be honest, this is the only skincare product I use on my face, aside from cleanser, so the skin around my eyes isn't being affected by moisturisers or anything else that might cut down on the effectiveness of the tightening. (I try to moisturise my skin via my diet).

I don't expect any product I buy in a shop to have any effect other than a short-term superficial result, so I wasn't looking for any difference two months after I started using it, and it hasn't given any. It simply works when I need it to, in the morning, and I'm happy enough with that.

doesnt it work to put coffee with milk under the eyes? because milk is really good for skin, and coffee is good for circulation..not a lot of course, just a drop or so. i might try it tmoro morning as an experiment :P

Ha! There's also the 'home remedy' of rubbing coffee grinds into the skin to combat cellulite, I think I remember Cindy Crawford talking about that. Though she probably has a cleaner to deal with the resulting mess that would leave behind in the bathroom.

Sometimes I've applied a 'green tea' teabag onto my eyes as a warming compress, in the hope that some of the antioxidants might find their way into my skin.

I bought it for dark circles as theyre my main problem and as other have said it did absolutely nothing for them, and only being 19 I don't really need the tightening effect so for me personally it was a waste of money...

^ is the concealer one the one with the nude color tube? I tried it it was fantastic if you apply a bit of powder on top of it.

I am happy I bought it if only for the really nice cooling feeling of the metal roller ball thing, but I find it helps the slight puffiness under my eyes too!

i was curious about this one... thanks for the opinions here... I'm a bit reserved about Garnier products still...

doesnt it work to put coffee with milk under the eyes? because milk is really good for skin, and coffee is good for circulation..not a lot of course, just a drop or so. i might try it tmoro morning as an experiment :P

BUMP!

If you tried this experiment please report back on the results. :flower:

i'm guessing that the ingredients in the garnier skin products arent really strong enough to work.

i trust their shampoos but not their skin products.

I didn't buy the caffeine one, but I bought the BB cream concealer one that claims to fade dark circles. It does feel really nice and cool when I apply it, but it looks stupid because I still have a faint tan. So I don't know if it does anything yet, but I kind of doubt it. Would work as a nice concealer when I am paler though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndresKlayr
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->