Iselin Steiro
Elise Crombez
Saskia de Brauw
Arizona Muse
Katlin Aas
Querelle Jansen
Daphne Groeneveld

And La Linda ofcourse, as proven in the current W

I have to say Jessica Miller is a personal favorite of mine. She is a chameleon in print. She's so expressive and her movement is incredible. I especially love her shoots with I&V- they utilize her to her full ability.

readysetfashion
ruedesmodeles
ru-glamour
fakingfashion.livejournal

Guinevere Van Seenus
Elise Crombez
Daphne Groeneveld
Katie Fogarty
Julia Frauche
Candice Swanepoel
Anne Vyalitsyna
Karen Elson
Lily Cole
Daria Werbowy
Natasha Poly
Daria Strokous
Lara Stone
Imogen Morris Clarke
Julia Nobis
Valentina Zelyaeva
Elza Luijendijk
Natalia Vodianova
Gemma Ward
Christy Turlington
Claudia Schiffer
Linda Evangelista
Ali Stephens

Guinevere Van Seenus
Enikő Mihalik
Sasha Pivovarova
Mariacarla Boscono
Meghan Collison
Kinga Rajzák
Jennifer Pugh
Aline Weber
Ashley Smith
Lindsey Wixson
Karlie Kloss
Daiane Conterato
Hailey Clauson
Natalia Chabanenko
Theres Alexandersson
Anais Pouliot
Liu Wen
Maria Palm
Audrey Marnay
Iekeliene Stange

^ i agree with most of this list :D, except for Karlie and Daiane..

i'd also add Kate, Lara, Kristen, Stella, Raquel, Malgosia, Linda, Saskia, Iselin, Jourdan, Aymeline, Fei Fei, Sessilee, Edita, Ming Xi, Siri, Daphne, Thairine, Laura K, Nadja B, Kelly M..

Aymeline Valade is the new queen, and Daria Strokous is not doing bad either.

I have to say Jessica Miller is a personal favorite of mine. She is a chameleon in print. She's so expressive and her movement is incredible. I especially love her shoots with I&V- they utilize her to her full ability.

readysetfashion
ruedesmodeles
ru-glamour
fakingfashion.livejournal

I agree she is amazing, I love her work with VP, Carine and I&V :heart:

and I would add to Jessica Miller ...

Iselin, Raquel, Sasha, Freja, Vlada, Guinevere, Natasha, Tanya, Kim Noorda, Daria W, Lara, Valerija Kelava, Arizona, Kinga, Carmen Kass, Daga Ziober, Malgosia, Eniko, Ming Xi, Coco, Eugenia Volodina, Angela Lindvall, Denisa Dvorakova, Marie Piovesan.

queen daria definitely, her latest vogue paris ed proves that!

Sophie Vlaming

this girl does NOT take a bad picture, ever..

I have to say Jessica Miller is a personal favorite of mine. She is a chameleon in print. She's so expressive and her movement is incredible. I especially love her shoots with I&V- they utilize her to her full ability.l
Thank you for posting pictures! brings some quality to a thread that seems to be yet another version of 'what's your favorite model'. Just names that can be spotted in signatures, zero mentions of why she's the "best" editorial model.

I'm not sure there's such a thing as a "best editorial model". Great model, yes, but it's all about getting the right bookings, being that kind of model that also understands the concept of an editorial from an intellectual standpoint.. and lucking out in starring in an editorial that at least has some intellectual background to begin with.. so much vapid junk these days. Having a dozen Mert & Marcus/I&V stories or some editorials that came out decently doesn't make anyone outstanding for me.. more like an official member of the hype machinery.

Of that limited bunch of models that do evidently bring more than just body to stories, I agree with Guinevere, Malgosia, Stella Tennant.. Kirsten Owen, Hannelore, Lara.. Raquel, occasionally Natasha (her work looks versatile in hindsight and she has many hits with the likes of Willy Vanderperre, but also a ton of vulgar eyesores).

There are also those that come out good in editorials, but don't really do that many editorials to speak for some kind of print 'superiority' (Vlada, Daga, Denisa, Iselin, Kasia..), and then those that are good in what they do (sexy, obscure, girlie, you name it) but haven't explored or looked believable in anything besides that (Karlie, Candice, Coco, Daphne..).

I do agree that Sophie Vlaming and Kel Markey are the girls working with the most talented teams of people right now (not necessarily the most famous or cash-machines, just the ones daring to push the envelope a little). Kel Markey's look/work is still far from being commercial-friendly so there's still a lot to see but Sophie Vlaming is definitely someone that continually manages to look just right in every story regardless of the mood or budget.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daria Werbowy, Mariacarla, Marie Piovesan and lately Meghan Collison has been rocking everythig she does.

i have to add raquel, sasha, coco, karen along with daria as best editorial girls. also lady evangelista.

Daria Werbowy
Katie Fogarty
Vika Falileeva
Karlie Kloss
Karolina Kurkova
Daria Strokous
Julia Frauche
Anne Vyalitsyna
Hilary Rhoda
Natasha Poly
Daria Strokous
Laura Kampman
Lara Stone
Valentina Zelyaeva
Guinevere Van Seenus
Lara Mullen
Julia Nobis
Karlina Caune
Daphne Groeneveld
Nadja Bender
Elza Luijendijk
Ophelie Rupp
Nadja Auermann
Natalia Vodianova
Sasha Pivovarova
Gemma Ward
Marie Piovesan
Karen Elson
Linda Evangelista

Totally agree with MulletProof that it seems like some stans are just putting their favorite models instead of who they think are "The Best" editorially from a unbiased view. Like, with me Jourdan Dunn is my absolute favorite model but objectively, i wouldn't consider her "the best":ermm:.

Imo, the "best" are those who can step out of their look & be versatile; pose, taking all kinds of risks & being uninhibited; bring a certain magnetic energy their own personality & emote whatever feeling they are trying to project & make it believable.

here are a few current one^_^ (i know there are a ton out there but these are just examples off the top of my head:(
Karlie Kloss - from the beginning, this girl could emote & move better than her any one of her contemparies:buzz:. And you can tell that she absolutely loooves modelling; like she lives, breathes, dreams it:crush:
Coco Rocha - Coco always bring that energy you can't help but respond to
Natasha Poly - what can i say, she just brings it:shock:
Gemma Ward - she was very versatile & even with that babydoll look, she could pull off numerous looks
Saskia de Brauw - i'll admit, i'm not much of a fan of her type of beauty (androgyny), but in front of the cameras she soo graceful & can be quite the bombshell.
Chanel Iman - i don't "get" her in person but i must admit, in pictures, she photographs like a dream:crush:

On a side note, i don't know about anyone else but i've notice that some models who are considered "stunners" or "classically pretty" are probably the biggest letdown in pics:ninja:. Amazing on the runways, but safe in edits.. like they're just resting on pretty:rolleyes:. I'm not gonna be rude & mention names in fear of all the obsessive fans:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Imo, the "best" are those who can step out of their look & be versatile; pose, taking all kinds of risks & being uninhibited; bring a certain magnetic energy their own personality & emote whatever feeling they are trying to project & make it believable.

When I thought about what model could be described by that paragraph, the first name that came into my mind was Querelle Jansen. My mind did not decieve me - if you look at her portfolio, she has something for everyone, and in each picture, she makes it believable.
6272_150139.jpg
6272_153954.jpg

6272_150148.jpg
6272_152018.jpg

6272_151328.jpg
ext_6272_153956.jpg

monstermgmt
These are all very different editorials, and in each one of them she convinces, sells, and looks good in the process. A model is a saleswoman in a certain way, and she's selling those looks like the kids were hungry and the rent was due tomorrow. She's what younger aspiring models should look up to.

Totally agree with MulletProof that it seems like some stans are just putting their favorite models instead of who they think are "The Best" editorially from a unbiased view. Like, with me Jourdan Dunn is my absolute favorite model but objectively, i wouldn't consider her "the best":ermm:.

i totally agree with your definition of a great editorial model but i think it's actually a matter of opinions, you just can't say one model is technically better than the other

for instance.. i disagree about Jourdan, her portfolio is quite impressive and diverse.. Meisel, Knight, Sims, Roversi, etc. and she nails it in every look or mood, i really think she has a natural talent at posing and emoting -_-
imo editorials are definitely her stronger aspect since she doesn't really stands out as a runway model

U5Xqql.jpg
tedQzl.jpg

Hheakl.jpg
Y5qLnl.jpg

PLcdql.jpg
kXdN9l.jpg

models

Karlie and Coco can do all the jumping and crazy faces they want but i just don't see any substance there :huh:, i've realized this especially with Karlie who has had a lot of print work lately and all i see is the same expressions and poses again and again.. and Natasha who always looks great in print but she also always does a similar look, is the runway where both girls really shine for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->