Gia Carangi

Yes. It's one of those losses to the world you can't stop thinking about. Obviously there are other people I knew personally I wish were still around and that's an even stronger feeling. But as for the artist/personalities joy-bringers that ever walked the earth....Gia is high up on the list. The promise of what could have been.

I get that feeling about her and Ian Curtis. I know she really succumbed to the pressures around her - but what if - what if! - she had learnt to direct her immense presence and power?

Last edited by a moderator:
it's been such a long time, and i still can't believe it. i mean, i wasn't even born when she died, but it's so hard to accept that someone with such a beauty and such a presence is gone, it's just sad. she had such a big impact in my life in so many ways. it's really, really a terrible loss
rest in peace, beauty queen :heart:

Yes. It's one of those losses to the world you can't stop thinking about. Obviously there are other people I knew personally I wish were still around and that's an even stronger feeling. But as for the artist/personalities joy-bringers that ever walked the earth....Gia is high up on the list. The promise of what could have been.

I get that feeling about her and Ian Curtis. I know she really succumbed to the pressures around her - but what if - what if! - she had learnt to direct her immense presence and power?

We must be mind mates. I was just coming here to post almost everything you just mentioned in your post. Haha. To me, her beauty is perfect. I know that her life wasn't and for whatever reason, that makes her even more appealing to me. I neither expect nor desire perfection in anyone. This is what gives each of us character.

I'm just sad that Gia was not able to live long enough to really get her life back on track and give the world even more beautiful pictures. :flower:

Re: Pic/Is it Gia or Cindy?: I was born and raised in DeKalb just like Cindy. She did a lot of local modeling in high school and graduated in 1984. I don't think that picture is of Cindy. However, I don't know that it's Gia either. It could be.

I'm definitely interested in the Simply Gia coffee table book that's supposed to come out this year. Hopefully it does very soon.

apparently is gia, nicobabyblue said she has the ad :flower:

My love of Gia keeps bring me back to this thread :smile:

All from Giaeternal and obituarybirthday91 on Flickr

^ she really was! that picture of her writing, is gorgeous, always one of my favorites

TODAY IS GIA'S 51 BIRTHDAY.

To me there are no words to express how I feel about this woman and her story.

Is this possibly Gia? I think her nose looks a little short and her chin a little lax but I'm also thinking that the bruises on her arm could explain the lax chin?

Gia-Carangi-pictures_jpg_480.jpg

educopark

Definetly NOT Gia. I have no idea how some pictures start circulating as Gia pics when they have nothing to do with her. There are a few out there.
BTW I LIVE for your Warm Gun sites. Amazing! I keep checking all the time. Every post is a joy! Most wonderful blogs ever!
xxxx

I just finally watched the Gia film with Angelina Jolie again. I last saw it when I was a kid, haha. Anyways, I find it so weird how she is portrayed in the film since I always thought she looked so delicate and innocent in her pictures. It's hard to imagine she was this bisexual drug abusing badass rebel but I suppose that's what's so fascinating about her. You see these perfect pictures in Vogue and would never think all these crazy things were going on during the shooting. She was a true beauty :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->