Giambattista Valli Haute Couture F/W 11.12 Paris

The collection is up on Nowfashion. It's pretty and wearable, though it reminds me a bit of vintage Valentino.

When I first heard that Giambatista was gonna do a couture collection, it sounded to me like it would just be a stepping stone. A one-season venture, to show that he can do couture. And that the eventual plan was to have him go over to Dior.

Is it even possible for him to go to Dior? Or is that out of the question?

Ooh exciting. I've always thought he should do HC.

So far so good. The first look is exquisite.

I love the first half of the collection. Just like the coat posted in the first post, it was all very pretty, delicate and lux. But he lost me with the gowns. Aside from maybe a couple of decent ones, they're mostly bland and uninspiring. With that said, I do think it's a good debut HC collection. Can't wait to see more from him.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first 3 animal printed gowns are too much. They kust look to heavy but the forth in the draped chiffon is actually quite beautiful and a lot softer

The daywear that started was incredible, the beadwork magnificent, but then it sloped into the leopard prints and the standard Valli fluff dresses which I've always thought somewhat repugnant.
There was even one Balenciaga-like jacket that was made from that repulsive fabric Maier used for winter that looks like it has become bobbly due to wear.
Even the great pieces were the same exact cut as the coats Valli does for RTW. Valli has always had the couture-edge, he just needed to sidle over the line into the exclusive family, and by the sounds of it, it wasn't hard for him.
Beautiful seperates, but nothing new from Giamba.

really can´t wait HQ pics... it looks very interesting

Wow, I am definitely stunned by the collection. It's extremely beautiful, feminine, light (with the exclusion of those horrible dresses with huge piles of fabric on the waist) and very wearable. I am sure the couture customers will be dying for many of these pieces.
I also agree that some of the gowns were a bit too much and a bit too tacky, but as a debut collection it's great. I have a feeling this is going to be one of my favorites this season!

Trully amazing collection.

Gorgeous show!
This is what Valentino should be...elegant,daring and extremely glamorous!!

Gorgeous show!
This is what Valentino should be...elegant,daring and extremely glamorous!!

This is what Valentino used to be...

This collection was stunning. I with the exception of the three animal printed dresses the collection was amazing. While I loved all of the peices I have to say the most stunning peices was the black and white hand painted coat that Sasha P. had on and the white chiffon gown that Tanya D. wore. Giambattista did a great job.

This collection is so breathtaking and lady-like. I agree that it does feel Valentino. The glamor lost in the house of Valentino has been found by Giambasttista Valli. He married elegance with drama so effortlessly.

I feel like indeed this is what Valentino used to be and it was very much Giambattista Valli but I think he needed an extra editing eye to sort of nix some of these numbers. I mean there was even what looked to be like a little Sarah Burton for Alexander McQueen in there... IDK, I think it was a commendable entry to become a full fledged member of La Chambre Syndicale but I think that if he were to go into the LVMH group and there was that stern hand that they have, sort of guiding the collection, it could be good for him...

or let Anna in there with her editing eye.

I need pics...not thubnails :brows:

you should hop over to nowfashion :D like the rest of us

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope this is going to be wonderful. Coat at first post is so gorgeous:blush: I would love to have it in my life. This is actually the first HC collection from this season that I am excited about, for now.

This collection truly needed better editing, it started so beautifully, all those short dresses are stunning, so why end on such a heavy note? And its not like any of those gowns are impressive, they look dated, and unnecessary. I hope he gets better with time, even the presentation could have been more majestic!

OMD!so happy for him!he's been one of my most favorites for such a long time and it's so great that he totally lived up to my expectations!that was actually so good it washed away the strong waves of disgust the CH show brought earlier today...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->