Giambattista Valli Haute Couture F/W 11.12 Paris

Style Savvy

Reaction score
img-giambattista-valli-preview_20114883570.jpg_article_singleimage.jpg

How optimistic that the first day of Paris Haute Couture Week is opening with a new beginning. Giambattista Valli, who's been voted unanimously into the exclusive circle of the Chambre Syndicale de la Mode, is about to show his first full-fledged couture collection on Monday night—and you might even say it's by popular demand. One piece already had its preview in Monaco on Saturday: a strapless draped chiffon goddess dress with a fluttery cape in what Valli called "Princess Grace blue," chosen by Charlotte Casiraghi to wear to Prince Albert and Charlene Wittstock's wedding dinner. "This is the same one, but in coral," he said, pointing to the evening section of the collection which, "will be part my Roman side, and part Parisian. I want to do timeless, seasonless things that look easy and contemporary—but faultless."

What's to come? A line-up of 44 exquisite looks, embedded with a signature play on his favorite pearls, pristine flower embroideries, frothing tulle, pouffy bows, and a dose of leopard spots. In other words: a culmination of everything he knows about crafting gorgeous things from the "50–50" relationships he has with the women whose tastes he knows so well. Standing back to review his lineup board, he remarked, "I can see Charlotte Dellal there, Lee Radziwill here, Bianca and Rihanna here—and of course, that's Charlotte Casiraghi." Any other newcomer stepping up to the super level of custom-made dressing might be nervous about who will buy. Not Valli. After six years in business under his own name and career-long experience at Fendi, Capucci, and Ungaro, he says, "It's something so natural to me—it’s part of my knowledge and culture. And, I've built it myself, step by step. No backers, no nothing." Congratulations, then, to a unique independent, spreading his wings.
vogue.com

this looks promising and im actually looking forward to see what he created, but the belt looks almost exactly like the vionnet golden leaves belt from fw :D

Looks very lux, very delicate, very pretty, very clean. Can't wait to see the whole collection.

i cant wait to see the whole collection. valli is one of my favorite designers, it seems so natural for him to go into couture.

Ia anyone else getting the feeling that this will be the best show of the season cause I sure am. That coat just reminds me of classic couture. Very light and not over emblished. I just reminds me of garment that a couture client would kill to get their hands on. I can not wait to see the rest

The coat is fantastic, but my fingers are crossed so hard that his couture isn't just a beaded, hand-sewn version of his RTW!

Valli looks good from what I can see

scaled.php

scaled.php

twitter.com/CathyHorynNYT and twitter.com/JeanneBekker

Although that white dress with the black bustier reminds me so much of Dolce & Gabbana F/W 08

From those few pics, and the one of the coat on the other page, this looks like it's very, very pretty.

You can see live collection photos on nowfashion.com
Really nice white/black/pink collection with lots of feathers and fur. Red look cool there. Sparkles nice too.
I think it's one of the best today collections.

Oh and leopard dresses looks great.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->