Giambattista Valli Haute Couture F/W 11.12 Paris

I dont like the idea of throwing a ton of flowing fabric for Couture. It's getting corny

i honestly dont know if i can gush enough. i just loved this whole collection.

That collection was beautiful, really lovely although I don't like those leopard-printed gowns, but that's my personal taste. Really impressive for a first show.

I really like his work and I was very happy and excited when I heard he was going to do couture. But I must say I've mixed feelings about this collection. While some of it is gorgeous (the second coat is just divine), I think it needed to be heavily edited and reduced to 25 looks max. The worst was those leopard pieces which were really ugly and shouldn't have been included.

I hate thumbnails. I really do. I don't have all the time in the world to open each one and wait for it to load while being bombarded with p*rn ads on the imagehost. PLEASE don't post thumbnails, I know I'm not the only one because I just got a bunch of karma comments saying the same.
Have you ever uploaded a collection or a large batch of images? I have and I can see both sides of it because like you, I like seeing full-sized pictures, but I have also posted collections and that can be a very laborious, multi-step process, although there may be short-cuts and tools that I am unfamiliar with. Furthermore most image hosts create thumbnails as part of the uploading process and image shack is the only one that I know that you can go in and manually edit the code to create a full-size image, with others you have to either upload an image at a time or grab the code for a full-sized picture an image at a time but not as a batch, again there may be techniques that I don't know about. The point I am getting at is not so much that people should be satisfied with thumbnail images, although it is not an either-or thing because it is good to see the details in an HQ image, rather if this is something that people want to see more of, then those of us who do should to start pitching in to make it happen.

I liked most of the pieces until I got the the leopard and that threw me off the rest. I agree that this should have been edited, some looks were just so repetitive, but I really enjoyed his more semiformal cocktail type dresses. I think he excelled there the best.

can we just rename this 'Valentino' and be deliriously happy with it? and can whatever those 2 purse designers have in store?

i see how people see Chanel in it, but imo this seems a lot warmer, more inviting than Chanel, which has been rather cold recently...

Wow, this is such a stunning collection! I'm especially in love with the flowy, red cape and dress. The designs look amazing.

can we just rename this 'Valentino' and be deliriously happy with it? and can whatever those 2 purse designers have in store?

i see how people see Chanel in it, but imo this seems a lot warmer, more inviting than Chanel, which has been rather cold recently...

Amen. Why didn't he take the job??
I also think the proportions at Valli are much more refined than whatever Lagerfeld is attempting to do at the moment.

Wow that's real couture !! really good to see it, "basic" classy and luxurious couture !!!

Its a great start! I love it! Yes it is a bit Valentino and a bit of Lacroix which I'm sure many people miss.

it's refreshing seeing animal print in HC. seems like design houses shy away from it.

Hmm.. Honestly, I don't see any trademark that would scream "It's a Valli couture dress!" It has too many references: most of the ballgowns remind me of Valentino, the cocktail dresses look Chanelesque, the leopart print dresses remind me of either Dolce and Gabbana and Roberto Cavalli and even the third to the last dress reminds of Lhuillier's finale dress in her FW11 collection.

Overall, I expected more from Valli despite the fact that it's his first HC show. Just like Azzedine Alaia's HC presentation, it looks like more of an RTW than couture.

Last edited by a moderator:
this stands as a satisfactory debut for a new couturier. nothing more. nothing less. i wouldn't expect for the world to stop turning because of any of these dresses, but it's definitely designing on a much higher level than his ready-to-wear line. i'm just curious if this opportunity will allow him to grow his house into something bigger or just let him fall into the sidelines with the andrew gns and ralph ruccis.

wow,i remember i always wanted to see valli doing couture,and now it happens!:woot:so far i'm loving it,i love his work so much,i wish him a good luck!^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->