Giambattista Valli Haute Couture F/W 11.12 Paris

I'm so excited for Valli. It's inspiring to hear he's done this on his own without backers. He's gonna have to play a little safe early in but I'm excited to see where he takes this. Bravo Giambattista i wish you the best!

Edit edit edit GV! Very old-school Valentino, Rome in the 50ies, glamour and romance. Red dress anyone? Love it most of it. Some pieces feel tired though but true couture. He's really putting a mark down for the bigger houses to notice.

What a great start to couture week. That first coat is divine - so much texture and as others said, very delicate and clean at the same time. There was a risk with some much intricate detail and materials the coat could have been lost but it looks pristine.

And I love the dress Charlotte wore the wedding - I thought the cape was stunning and so glad to see it's Valli.

I see now all collection and loved, but many looks-like Chanel HC S/S 2009!

Giambattista Valli - HC F/W 11.12 | Full Collection in HQ (Part 1 of 4)

GoRunway.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Giambattista Valli - HC F/W 11.12 | Full Collection in HQ (Part 2 of 4)

GoRunway.com

As some of the more establishes houses stumble, and just as you think couture might have outlived its usefulness, here comes Valli showing us the light, and I thank him very much for this.

I can only expect him to improve overtime as he learns the full powers of the metier. But this is a profound start, why? Because Valli knows that the future of couture is not as a marketing spectacle, it is in offering real clothes to real women, imparting them not only something beautifully made, but as rare and unique as possible. He understands this because he has made a point to understand and get to know the women who demand this. Slowly and surely. Bravo!

Looking through the collection, does anybody else think the opening look was REALLY a strange choice for the collection and ESPECIALLY to open the show. I mean, aside form the black and white color pallette, it has nothing in common with the rest of the collection plus it's kind of a weak and un-coutury look to begin with. I'm just baffled by the choice.

Giambattista Valli - HC F/W 11.12 | Full Collection in HQ (Part 3 of 4)

GoRunway.com

Giambattista Valli - HC F/W 11.12 | Full Collection in HQ (Part 4 of 4)

GoRunway.com

This is really pretty.I like it, I'm not a fan of everything here but I think I like at least 80% of the looks.Very chanel and old valentino.

The leopard prints are a not to my liking but overall very nice collection. Just not mindblowing for me (though I love the all black threaded garment with a veil over the face).

I literally leaned back from my laptop and went YEESH at the site of those leopard print gowns. >____<

I hate thumbnails. I really do. I don't have all the time in the world to open each one and wait for it to load while being bombarded with p*rn ads on the imagehost. PLEASE don't post thumbnails, I know I'm not the only one because I just got a bunch of karma comments saying the same.

this is really beautiful. i ´ve seen only half of that collection, cause something happened to my computer and it works very slow, but from all what i´ve already seen, this is really beautiful collection. Maybe, there are no innovations or fabrics on new technological bases, but believe, these are clothes, which most of women kill for

For a first HC collection this is great!! Beautiful shapes and details. I don't like the leopardskin prints, but that's my problem, because I don't like them in general.
I wish Valli was the designer at Valentino too.

some nice piece here and there but nothing special, nice first show overall

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darvesh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->