Giambattista Valli Haute Couture F/W 2024.25 Paris

That plastic grass made it look like a cheap wedding but there were some beautiful looks. Glad that the tulle era is over(spoke too soon, but at least its less). I want to see Lupita in that lavender chiffon. I dont understand how couture dresses can be excessively long on models almost tripping them, when they are made to measure, unless there are some casting changes last minute.

I understand design signatures and the importance of developing house code, but there is a distinct same-ness with Giambattista that feels like something more dull than continuity. The collection seemed to attempt differentiation with the petals and painted faces (unnecessary) but for me it missed the mark. The soundtracking felt like it was looking to tap into something otherworldly, so maybe that's what the elements were supposed to be. A good collection, don't get me wrong. But in fashion it's like, "okay, you were good, now how can you be better?" - feels as though Giambattista has plateaued.

It looks exquisite of course (with the exception of the last 2 awful dresses), but aren't there other (and better) designers who have THIS kind of client covered?

It is good that he stoped auditioning for Chanel and continued the usual tulle and floral stuff, which are quite romantic and beautiful. With Maria always bringing up her greco-roman dresses, he is the one with those fairy dresses for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARNOLDSILVERBOLT
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->