Giambattista Valli Haute Couture S/S 2024 Paris

Valli is a lost cause at this point.
He needs someone that would help him edit his collections!
Maybe I should volunteer:
- 1st, a better cast. The whole Schiaparelli cast would have been perfect
- 2nd, too many looks.
Looks 5,8,14,15,30,32,34,35,37 all needs to be burned!
- 3rd, all the tulle trains needs to be removed!
- 4th, heels instead of those ballet flats.

With those small changes, it would have been good.

Last dress is like my horror for a wedding dress. I had a very small train. I can imagine having to carry a whole tulle cake! My god!

Who exactly is the client for this?
Trust me, he has a lot of clients…

airsickness-man-feels-very-bad-600nw-755979391.jpg

shutterstock.com/

I mean, the collection feels like he is making mockery of Haute Couture...but the tragedy is that he really thinks this is how Haute Couture should look like!

Those 80s floral prints are straight from "Golden Girls" living room upholstery. And they never should be removed from there!!

Very corny and juvenile. A very Amercanised sensibility to this too, as the silhouettes are very "FIT Fashion 101" with these saccharine Megan Hess shapes and childish prettiness. It needs far less and a keener eye to figure what to do with these fabrics and prints. Or maybe burn it, I dunno but it does sell and there is an avid market for this.

Very garrish.

Pink and green DO NOT GO. Especially not on 80s prom dresses.

A shame because I don't mind the fabric MILEAGE. I like a bit of extravagance. But he's got that similar problem as Viktor & Rolf (although not as bad), where he takes a basic idea or feature and flogs it to death to the point where the garment looks like a CIRCUS COSTUME.

I can get over how ugly those colors are. And there's just SO MUCH of them because of all the volume. It's like he's shooting you in the face every time you look at a dress.

I need a Tylenol.

Omg a parade of nightmares. The amount of excessive fabrics is so unnecessary, it's like he was on a mission to use as many fabrics as possible. And the results make those dresses look so heavy and suffocating.

The prints are horrible, like he definitely needs someone to consult him with better prints. nobody is going to look expensive or gracefully in those prints.
And his take on volumes is just laughable. Those voluminous gowns literally look like deflated balloons sewn into a dress. I expected better from a couturier.

There are so many wrong things in one collection, I'm just gonna stop.

Laughably bad

Is this house in trouble. The execution was worse than I’m used to and the case was piss poor.

It's exactly what I would imagine Christian Siriano would do if he had more budget. Horrifying.

Also ... THE CAST made it WORSE. The way they modeled the clothes said « Yes, I know it's ugly. I'm ready to go home. » Put this on Imaan or Carmen Kass in her prime and it would look a lot better ... at the very least she'll try to sell it to you !

wow cant believe siriano finally made it to couture week. yas mama give us drama give us volume. his smile in that picture says it all, he is living his drag race fantasy.

he's always had bad taste when it comes to floral patterns. if it's not an abuse of ruffles and tulle, it's the assault of ugly floral prints. he needs an intervention at some point.

valli is another tired one. his schtick's been up. just a bunch of odd cake toppers. somehow, some way, he's gonna sell something - what's more disturbing: his bad taste or his clientele's?

This is really not good. However, I admit that, personally, this is bad, but nowhere near as offensive as the other hacks like Tony Ward, Didit, Homolog, and something-something other clowns present this HC week. He is stuck in 00s and bad craftsmanship, but he has always been kind of cabotin/kitsch. Agree he has to go, but surprised to see lack of the similar reaction to the other HC thieves. They are much worse in their work, much more of a nobody, and at least we are familiar with Valli, he has been here and done that (despite badly) if we like it or not. There are people taking up precious slots just because they are sons or lovers of someone with even less talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swissmiss2000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->