Gianfranco Ferre Mens F/W 10.11 Milan

:woot: GF menswear has been good for a couple of seasons now, and this look great. I'm not sure abut the styling of some pieces, but I like the overall mood, strong shapes and cuts. And fur! :blush:

OMG. OMG. The first look was awesome enough, but I was floored by the rest. Very opulent and grand yet all luxuriously understated. Reminds me of a Russian oligarch or a mafia don. This is all so lovely. My favorite so collection far. Oh, if only I can wear the outfit in the first post. :heart: :heart:

It's sort of hit and miss for me. Some looks I love such as the jackets, trousers and bags, some looks I don't feel attracted too. Those long trench/fur looks look very overloaded & those leather skirts LOL. It is daring as someone mentioned, so props for a new twist.

Not as fitted as I usually like it, but this has great attitude (if that makes sense). Very confident and brave.

some individual pieces may be lovely, but who styled this? bryanboy? not a fan! the superlong silhouette looks amazing though B)

This is a really strange collection for menswear I think.. The robes of fur belted under coats? I think I absolutely love it.
I think Ferre have liked and taken the idea of belted jackets (some of which are immaculate) from Raf Simons and taken it a step forward.

Gianfranco menswear never fails. This is so luxurious. I'm absolutely in love with the use of fur and leather.

I'm not feeling this one either. Too much fur. Too much houndstooth. Too much overt luxury. I'm sure that's what its about, but its too in your face "RICH" for me. A year ago I really liked this design team's debut. I'm less fond looking at it again today, but I still like it better than the current show. These seem to be made for men with bigger frames than I, so that could be one of the turnoffs.

The longer coats work best with more subtle patterns (look 3). I don't understand the fur worn under the coats. I'm still not sold on the belting. It works better here than in some other instances, but I don't see it going so well in reality. The boots they use repeatedly are nice.

The coat with the leather sleeves is amazing! I also like how the styling is pushing something new for menswear. Classic and sleek but interesting.

I'm very undecided on this collection...really unsure. But I really the audaciousness of a lot of the looks, although there's too much fur for me and some of the looks look like a men's reinterpretation of Women's Vuitton F/W 2008.

i like it but probably because its very raf simons.. there was even an exact copy of those arm cover thing (have no idea what to call it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->